ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Connected: new Sci-Fi Short

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Independent Films
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr Acula
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Connected: new Sci-Fi Short Reply with quote

This may or may not be of interest to folks here: a serious sci-fi short starring Pamela Anderson.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/connected

Quote:
We here at Motherboard are thrilled to present the debut of Connected, a short film directed by Luke Gilford, starring Pamela Anderson and Dree Hemingway, and narrated by Jane Fonda.

Set in a stark, occasionally ominous near-future, Connected marks a major departure for the world's most famous sex symbol: Anderson turns in a raw, brave performance as a beauty queen who's aging under the harsh glow of her screens and feeds, drifting from her followers, friends, and family, and desperately seeking, yes, connection.

She plays Jackie, an AuraCycle workout instructor who performs for an online audience and listens to self-help podcasts (voiced by Fonda) that promise eternal life in a fast-approaching new world. Jackie heads to a wellness retreat that's both cultishly out-there and eerily verisimilar to improve her connectivity, where okay, just watch it yourself.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Acula, your on a roll! This is the third post you've made (out of your first four posts) that called my attention to something I didn't even know about!

Cool! Cool

YouTube has it, and I've already downloaded it with Savefrom.net. Looking forward to watching it.

* Click on the poster for the Youtube video.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Dr Acula
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to keep a (crawling) eye out for fun stuff!
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched this video again for the first time in eight years, and even though I'm still not sure what it's about, I do admire the way it was produced. Very Happy

Maybe some of All Sci-Fi's members who are smarter than me can help me out.

Watch it, please, and take shot at it, guys. All Sci-Fi could sure use some new contributions. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Independent Films All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: