ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Knight and Day (2010)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:48 pm    Post subject: Knight and Day (2010) Reply with quote

If you like Tom Cruise (and I do) and you like the Mission: Impossible movies (and again, I do), you gotta love this wild and wacky flick. The plot involves a boy genius who invents a battery that would power 1,000 pink mechanized bunnies for 100 years and keep them going and going and going . . .

But that's not really the interesting part.

This is sort of like "Ethan Hunt lightens up and goes bananas", with the charming Cameron Diaz stealing our foolish hearts and screaming in the cutest way every time she's thinks she's about to die, which is about once every ten minutes during the slow parts.

And there aren't many slow parts.

I consider this movie to be the perfect blend of wild action and wonderful humor, blended in joyous harmony to deliver 110 minutes of rib-tickling humor and spine-tingling suspense.

Add a bag of popcorn and you'll have so much fun you'll feel guilty the next day.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Bud's Trailer Park! Cool

That's right, this is where I parked all the trailers I could find for one of my favorite action movies, Knight and Day. If you like this movie, you'll enjoy the trailers. If you haven't seen this movie yet, the trailers will make you want to watch it.

And if you don't like this movie, click the back button and go find a more interesting thread. Very Happy

* And finally, enjoy this clip of a warm and tender moment between Tom and Cameron . . . and about thirty bulls. Very Happy

~ The Space Children (1958)

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I can't believe nobody said they enjoyed my joke about the post above being Bud's Trailer Park — the place where "I parked all the trailers I could find for one of my favorite action movies, Knight and Day."

Come on, guys! That was very witty! I read it again for the first time today since 1916 and cracked myself up! Laughing

Anyway, IMDB has 19 trivia items for this movie and here's a few of the interesting ones in the blue text. Very Happy

~ Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz did a majority of the stunts on their own. Cruise and Diaz are avid drivers, and have experience in doing sharp turns and 180s.

Note from me: As a BIG fan of this wonderful, action-packed movie, I'm pleased to learn the stars actually experienced many of the amazing things their characters are shown doing in the film. Very Happy

~ With the exception of Roy Miller falling off during the rooftop chase in Austria, Tom Cruise did most of the running and jumping without any wire works.

Note from me: My very good friend, the late Mr. Tim Edwards (Bulltrekker) refused to watch any Tom Cruise movies with me he disliked the actor . . . for reasons he never explained.

But eventually I convinced him that he was being unreasonable, and we ended up sharing many of Cruises movies together while chatting on Facebook.

~ Tom Cruise wanted to do another spy thriller, but he thought Salt (2010) and The Tourist (2010) were too similar to his Mission: Impossible (1996) franchise. He ultimately chose this project once it became an espionage thriller with comic elements.

Note from me: By gum, this is exactly why I love this wonderful movie! It blends the action of the Mission: Impossible movies with the terrific comedy that makes it so unique . . . and the result is something amazing. Very Happy

It's a love story which contains slam-bang action which blends romance with lots of scenes in which bad guys are being shot! Hey, ya gotta love that! Very Happy

~ All the car crashes were recorded on studio lots and digitally imposed in the film.

Note from me: You'll just have to watch the movie to appreciate this item, because the car chases are amazing, and you'll wonder just how they staged them in in the "real world" without destroying public property and killing innocent bystanders! Shocked

~ The car Cameron Diaz is driving in the chase scene is a 1966 Pontiac GTO with Martinique Bronze exterior and Parchment interior.

Note from me: I'm not crazy about the color . . . but I'm crazy about the car. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: