ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Capsule (2015)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leon Kowalski
Junior Crewman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Capsule (2015) Reply with quote

Don't know much about this, but it's coming soon and looks great! Sci-fi Cold War thriller, trailer looks VERY interesting...

Trailer: https://vimeo.com/142199069

Dr Acula
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has a claustrophobic feel.. could be good!
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of this movie, so I'm certainly grateful for calling it to my attention. The trailer reminds me a little of both Gravity and Marooned.

Okay, so that's not exactly rocket science, I know. The similarities are on purpose, of course. Embarassed

I'd love to know what "true events" the story is based on (as stated in the trailer). According to the website below, the film has received quite a few awards.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two short plots listed at IMDb:

Guy is an experienced British fighter pilot who is in command of Britain's first manned mission to space. He has trained for this for three years at the height of the Cold War and now he is alone in space with a malfunctioning capsule. He has limited contact with the UK, some unusual communication with the US and some unorthodox communication with Roscosmos deep in Soviet Russia. Who will help him? Will he make the right choice? Written by Anonymous.

and

A helpless British astronaut suffering Hypoxia is locked in a dysfunctional Cold War space Capsule orbiting earth. With limited contact with his own team, the deeply suspicious Russians and Americans attempt to intervene ... One Man, One Mission, One Choice ... Who will he Trust? Written by an unliste poster.

Leon Kowalski
Junior Crewman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been following this from early in its conception, and had a very nice surprise of an invite to the Premiere in London in a couple of weeks. Got to love a bit of Social Media!
Leon Kowalski
Junior Crewman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So was lucky enough to attend the Premiere of the movie on Wednesday, which was also the start of 'Sci-Fi London' season.

The film is a very tense, claustrophobic story about an astronaut in orbit suffering multiple malfunctions with his capsule, who then finds himself bang in the middle of Cold-war tensions between the US and the USSR.

About 90% of the film is shot inside the Capsule, and a great job done by the actor, Edmund Kingsley, portraying all of the emotions of a man stranded in Space. The only shots away from the Capsule are in the last 10 minutes, where the very intriguing and clever twist at the end occurs.

Really, really enjoyed it. An independent British film so a limited budget, but it is all there on the screen, great sets, the suit, etc. The ending was so unexpected, you genuinely watch the movie with no idea how the situation will play out.

Highly recommended to anybody who likes 'intelligent' Sci-Fi and/or Cold War thrillers. Don't know what the general release will be, but we'll worth tracking this film down.

And no, I'm not sure what "true events" this is based on, although I guess it's referring to the Cold War tensions of the time...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: