ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Trek Episodes That Almost Happened

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Star Trek Episodes That Almost Happened Reply with quote

Star Trek Episodes That Almost Happened
By Scott Baird, SCREENRANT

The Star Trek franchise is one of the few series that can claim to have done it all. There have been many Star Trek TV shows, movies, novels and video games; the series has won numerous Emmys, Hugos, Saturns and even an Academy award (for Best Makeup, but still . . . ). Spock even had his own album (not Leonard Nimoy, the actor; Spock, the character).

Star Trek is a series that has six TV shows (soon to be seven) and is approaching it's fiftieth anniversary. It is no surprise that the franchise has had more episodes and movies planned than actually made it to screen. The show even had a whole series that nearly came to pass — Star Trek: Phase II, a direct sequel to Star Trek: The Original Series involving the original crew (minus Spock). Star Trek: Phase II was shelved due to the success of Star Wars, leading to the series of films instead.

With so much unused material building up since the 1960's, we are here to countdown the interesting concepts left on the cutting room floor. From killer teddy bears terrorizing Captain Kirk to the Voyager crew encountering a planet full of Star Trek fans, here are the fifteen Star Trek episodes that almost happened.

BDT: good list; I had only heard of 2 or 3 on this list. On the other hand, they left out a few other story ideas.

READ THE FULL LIST HERE: http://screenrant.com/star-trek-episodes-that-almost-happened/

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned in the article some of the ideas were resurrected by some of the fan based series. Unfortunately we won't be seeing too much more from that area thanks to the new guidelines from CBS-Paramont.

I recall speaking to Alice Krieg at a convention once and she mentioned that there were plans for the Borg queen to appear again. Alas! By the way she is a way cool lady!

At the same con I talked to Nana Visitor and she told me her favorite role was as Ellen Dolan in the Spirit tv movie. I told her that I thought the crawling in the bathroom window scene was the sexiest scene ever in broadcast tv! She winked , smiled, and said "I'm glad you liked it!".
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean this scene? My goodness, I need to watch this movie pronto, Tonto!

___________ Nana Visitor - The Spirit (1987)

_________

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes.......That's the one! I loved this cheezzey movie!
Nana said she had so much fun filming it .
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't found a download of this movie yet, but in the meantime we can enjoy this three-minute clip.
Very Happy

_________________ The Spirit (Preview Clip)

_________

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have a bootleg VHS copy that I took to a convention for Nana to sign. When she told me how much she loved doing it and she didn't have a copy I gave it to her as a gift.

I haven't seen another copy anywhere, but I don't regret giving mine to her. Someday I'll find another one. It's a bit of a Holy Grail for me now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: