ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

COMET TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:16 pm    Post subject: COMET TV Reply with quote

Does anyone have COMET TV? I found it on Time Warner Cable system and I like it. Imgur image.

February on COMET, look out for Queen of Blood, Planet of the Vampires, The Time Travelers, Beyond the Time Barrier, The Monster That Challenged the World,The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai, Teen Wolf Too and Invisible Invaders. Catch the science fiction series The Outer Limits weeknights at 8/7c followed by Stargate SG-1 weeknights at 10/9c. And check out Men Into Space on weekends at 7:30 AM Eastern.

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get it, but I'll recommend it to DirecTV.

For further info on this new sci-fi only (or primarily) channel go to

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comet_%28TV_network%29
Krel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I discovered it a couple of weeks ago. It is a broadcast channel, but isn't on the local cable, at least not that I have found. Web site: http://comettv.com/ You can view the schedule on the site.

David.
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, David. I'm particularly interested in Cult Classics Theater.

It seems that they are also showing fantasy.

And I LOVE the Robby-like robot on the site!

Do they use it on screen?

According to their site I should get it on KOMO 4.2 — whatever that means. (I live so far out that the only TV I get is on DirecTV satellite.)

Jack Deth
Junior Crewman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Comet TV Reply with quote

I get Comet TV and a decent number of Classic TV Re-Run stations.

'Heroes & Icons' (H&I) has all 5 Star Treks. Plus 'The Untouchables', 'Wiseguy', 'Police Story', 'Classic TV shows and films. Great Oldies and Westerns like 'Wanted: Dead or Alive', 'Rawhide', 'Trackdown' and 'Have Gun Will Travel'.

Comet TV has both 'Outer Limits', 'Dead Like Me', 'MST3K', Johnny Socko and his Flying Robot (Live Action 1960s Japanese 'Gigantor'), 'Men Into Space' and Cult, Classic Sci-Fi and Horror.

GetTV: Classic TV shows and films. Great Oldies like 'Airwolf', 'The Equalizer', 'Tour of Duty', 'Hill Street Blues', 'NYPD Blue' and 'Combat!'.

alltare
Quantum Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get COMET on an OTA (over-the-air / antenna) channel, and have been doing so for quite a while. I also receive GET TV, which plays a lot of scifi movies. And ME TV, which has "SciFi Saturday Night", with Svengoolie, Star Trek, BatMan, and Lost in Space.

I enjoy these and many other OTA retro channels so much that I cancelled the cable. Besides, why pay over $100/month for Comcast's low resolution (about 480p) cable service when I can get the same or better for free? And most of the OTA network channels (NBC, ABC, PBS, etc) are 1080p.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love ME-TV with Svengoolie on Sat nite and their whole SciFi sat nite lineup with Planet of the Apes tv series, Lost in Space, Bottom of the Sea etc.
COMET TV has MST3K and CULT CLASSICS too. Great genre listings!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: