ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Timeless (2016 NBC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow wrote:
The Time Tunnel(1966) had to resort to stock footage from motion pictures & practical sets & costumes to show other eras from history.

Irwin Allen said that, that was the reason for cancellation of the show. They ran out of historical stock footage. Laughing

David.
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also read that TTT was on the verge of being renewed for a second season.

Some executive at ABC really pushed hard for the cancellation of TTT in order to get his western TV pilot, The Legend of Custer on instead.

Also, TTT cost a lot & that did not help its chances.

The Legend of Custer was cancelled after its first season.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, here's my great idea of a Western/Sci-Fi/Spy series!

Artemus Gordon invents a marvelous steampunk time machine and builds it into the train he and Jim West travel around in. (Oh, and he also gives it the ability to fly. That would keep the series fast paced. Very Happy)

Their mission, direct from President Grant, is to rectify all the lost battles the Army has suffered, like Custer's Last Stand (along with the political blunders the government has experienced) in the last few hundred years.

That would certainly keep them busy (while providing lots of stories for the writers). Shocked

The name of series is . . . (wait for it, wait for it)

The Wild, Wild Western Time Tunnel Affair

What do you think, guys? With a train that looks something this, maybe? Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
Their mission, direct from President Grant, is to rectify all the lost battles the Army has suffered, like Custer's Last Stand (along with the political blunders the government has experienced) in the last few hundred years.

Like, for instance, exterminating most of the Indians?

WayneO
-----------
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orzel-w wrote:
Bud Brewster wrote:

Like, for instance, exterminating most of the Indians?

Exactly! This would be a very popular series with human rights activist and minority groups like Native Americans. The ultimate in "revisionist history".

Jim and Artemus wouldn't help Custer win the battle they'd convince Custer that it would be a dumb idea to fight it!

It'll be slam dunk, Baby! Let's do lunch and hash out the details! Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the network executive has a "ahem!" "niece" that would be perfect as the female star!
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't like to talk about that Last Stand in our family... Sad

I've just watched the second episode, which was quite engaging - our team of three go back to April 14th, 1865 to make sure that the assassination of President Lincoln goes according to plan, while the bad guy (or maybe his motives are not that bad?) tries to change things. Our heroine gets to save a Union high-up, under an assumed name, since Lincoln's son invites her to join them watching "Our American Cousin," and when she returns to the slightly-altered present, finds that there is a High School named after her. And then she goes home, to a surprise party to celebrate her engagement to a chap she's never met before. Time travel changes can do things like that to one.

And, as far as I could see, nobody asks Mrs Lincoln "Apart from that, what did you think of the show...?"
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NBC announced that Timeless has been canceled. Sad
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Timeless Series Canceled at NBC After One Season

My favorite new TV series this season. I never understood why NBC did not start rerunning it immediately after the season (now series) finale.

[/URL]

Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/846967-timeless-series-canceled#b3h7vjSgqVrIITZt.99
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric Kripke, co-creator of Timeless, announced that NBC has ordered a 10-episode pick-up of the show for next summer.
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I am very pleased that Timeless has been renewed by NBC for next summer, I'm also hoping they change a few things along the way.

The tv trope of the evil, shadowy & mysterious agency, government or planet has become worn & tired with over the years. So many tv shows utilize the premise that it no longer is surprising or suspenseful for the audience.

Not sure when I first saw this cliche. Perhaps in the terrific film Seven Days In May. It was powerful then & made a statement that still resonated today.

Babylon 5 used it effectively & it was also a arch for the entire run of that great sf show.

Trouble is we've now seen it employed so many times that it has become a yawn.

Alias, Lost, 24, Designated Survivor, to name but a few resort to this often used plot line.Some do it quite well, others not so well.

So I cannot advocate that this kind of premise be eliminated completely.

But it sure would be nifty to see something new under the sun by the creators & writers of these various series.

Timeless had the uncanny Rittenhouse Group & their pursuit of Flynn for its first season. It was intriguing enough but it is also time to wrap it up & move onto new ideas.

I feel that any of these background enemy cabals work for a limited time period. The audience can go on the ride for just so long & then want to see the story reach a conclusion. Drawing it out becomes a laborious & wearisome exercise for viewers.

Lost was guilty of this problem. The piled intricate & convoluted story threads one upon another until it was more like the theater of the absurd. And then gave what has been listed as one of the worst finales ever to their loyal viewers.

I would like to see Timeless not continue to rehash the Rittenhouse/Flynn concept for all 10-episodes when the series returns next summer.

They should wind it up, spend a few episodes doing so & then enter a fresh era of original story telling with new adventures.
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BREAKING NEWS

"Timeless" season 2 will air on Sunday, March 11, at 10 p.m. EST on NBC.

LINK for Season 2 trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcgEioQtI-s

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to the return of Timeless. Hope it does well in the ratings the second time around.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow wrote:
Looking forward to the return of Timeless. Hope it does well in the ratings the second time around.

Wow, when was the last time we saw a great show that was cancelled come back like this? Very Happy

By the way, Pow, apparently you didn't care for any of the three avatars I suggested for you in the PM I sent. Gee, I thought they were cool! Cool

I still think that your wonderful posts need a great avatar to attract our members attention. Do you have one in mind that you like? If so, let me know if you have any trouble adding it to your profile.

PS: If anyone needs an avatar, apparently these three custom enhanced versions by yours truly are up for grabs!

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud, I actually do like the rocket in picture number 3.

I don't know how to make it an avatar on my pc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: