ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Take the Grand Tour and get to know All Sci-Fi!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Getting Started at All Sci-Fi - REGISTRATION INFO
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Take the Grand Tour and get to know All Sci-Fi! Reply with quote

~ If you haven't registered, the registration password is — gort.

___________________Welcome to All Sci-Fi___________________

Please allow us to show you around our friendly spaceport bar, which we call All Sci-Fi.

____________________________ Our Staff ____________________________

First, let me introduce the staff. I'm Bud Brewster (sometimes called Bud the Bartender), proprietor of this friendly establishment. Our patrons include starship crewmen, visiting aliens, and space explorers of all kinds. My job is to make them all feel welcome . . . and to prevent the hungrier non-humans from eating the tasty-looking Earth people.

Our head waitress and major domo is Cosmina Starchaser, over there by the drink replicator.

_________

Cosmina is assisted by two well-known science fiction legends who work as servers simply because they love to fraternize with their loyal fans!

________Robby the Robot _________Robotrix

Allow me to take you on a tour of All Sci-Fi and show you some of its special features. Please note that the names of the sections and the forums are links that will take you directly to them.

All the pictures below are links as well. So, have fun!

The 1st section at the top of our main index is the General section, which includes this welcome message.

The second forum is called Contact All Sci-Fi. The name says it all — use that forum to post messages to the members in general, or messages to our site administrators.

The third forum is called What's New at All Sci-Fi, which presents six interesting threads each day that deserve a bit of attention. The introduction is usually something whimsical and amusing.

We're sure you'll enjoy it. Very Happy

The last forum is devoted to Links to Other Science Fiction Sites.

The 2nd section is devoted to Science Fiction Movies and Serials, with forums specifically dedicated to periods of time, such as movies from 1950 to 1969.

This section includes a feature which is unique to All Sci-Fi. At the top of each forum is an Alphabetical Index of the movies which currently have threads. Before starting a new thread for a movie, you can check the list to determine if it already has a thread. If you find the movie on the list, simply click on the title/link and you'll be taken to the thread. Then you can add your comment to it.

For example, click on the link below and check out our thread devoted to This Island Earth.

The 3rd section focuses on Science Fiction Television Shows, arranged into forums by the decades in which the shows aired. The Twilight Zone, the Star Trek series, Doctor Who, and Science Fiction Theatre have their own forums in this section.

Please note: This section does not yet include Alphabetical Lists like the ones in the Movie sections.

The 4th section focuses on Science Fiction Literature and Audio Media. There you can discuss science fiction novels, short stories, magazines, reference books, and comics, as well as science fiction radio shows, tapes, and CDs. You can even post your own short stories or sections from your own novels, and invite constructive criticism from your fellow members.

I posted both of my own novels in this section, just for the fun of it. I hope you'll enjoy them. If you'd like to know more about the book shown below on the left, click on the picture of the cover and read the Clarion Review.

And you can read this book and my other novel in the literary section of All Sci-Fi. I created illustrations for both novels, so reading them here is more fun than buying them from Amazon. (But do that anyway. They make great Christmas gifts! Very Happy )

The 5th section is called Science Fiction Chat, which includes a forum called Science now, add Fiction later. In that forum you can discuss scientific facts which might be used (or have been used) in science fiction stories.

For example, click on the picture of the Red Planet and find out Why I don't want us to go to Mars!

The last forum in this section is called Non-Science Fiction Chat, in which you can talk about subjects not related to science fiction. It includes forums called Off-Topic Discussions, Movies in Other Genres, and TV Shows in Other Genres.

The 6th and 7th sections are our Fan-Created Art Galleries, followed by our Art and Photo Galaries. There you'll find unique works of art and collectible photos like the ones below.

You'll notice that there are four Fan-Created Art Galleries and sixteen Art and Photo Galaries. Each gallery has several sub-galleries, so the total number of images for you to enjoy is fairly large.

Well, there you have it, folks. Wink

Naturally this is just a whirlwind tour of the place, and there are plenty of other things to see. We hope you'll take the time to explore
All Sci-Fi thoroughly and get to know your fellow members.

They're all eager to hear what you have to say!
Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Getting Started at All Sci-Fi - REGISTRATION INFO All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: