ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TREMORS TV series Reboot (2017)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alltare
Quantum Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:13 pm    Post subject: TREMORS TV series Reboot (2017) Reply with quote

It was just announced that the new TREMORS TV series will begin shooting the pilot episode in the next few weeks here in NM. Starring and co-produced by Kevin Bacon, there is no word yet if Michael Gross (Burt Gummer) will co-star. However, he does live in NM, and he has reportedly begun or will soon begin shooting TREMORS 6, the movie, so maybe he will drop by the Kevin's set and at least make a cameo appearance.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/tremors-tv-show-syfy-kevin-bacon-1202479038/.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that Kevin is so closely involved in this new show. I thought I'd read that he wasn't that crazy about the original. I'm glad I'm wrong, because I love the first movie. Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
alltare
Quantum Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:41 am    Post subject: Update on TREMORS TV series and TREMORS 6 movie Reply with quote

Update on TREMORS TV series and TREMORS 6 movie.

The series pilot episode has completed filming:
https://screenrant.com/tremors-tv-series-pilot-wraps-filming/

Kevin Bacon will star, but Michael Gross (Burt Gummer) won't be in it:
https://screenrant.com/tremors-tv-series-michael-gross/

However, Gross will star in TREMORS 6 (the MOVIE), which will be released sometime in summer 2018:
https://movieweb.com/tremors-6-cold-day-in-hell-title-rating/
alltare
Quantum Engineer

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like the new TV series TREMORS is not going to happen after all. Although the pilot episode was completed a few months ago, the Syfy channel has decided not to go forward with the series. However, for the time being, we can at least see a nice trailer for that which is not to be. It's at
https://vimeo.com/269051958 .

Too bad about this news- I was looking forward to seeing it. Maybe Syfy will air the pilot some day.

On the bright side, Tremors 6 (the movie) was released on disc about a month ago. It's OK, but I doubt that there will be another sequel after this one.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck fire! That looks pretty damn good! (Pardon my French . . . ) Shocked

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Real Bummer!

I loved the movies and the TV series and looked forward to seeing a revival with Kevin Bacon!

In 2017, Syfy announced that it had ordered a pilot episode for a new television series in the franchise. Kevin Bacon would reprise his role from the first film.

In August 2017, it was announced that Vincenzo Natali will direct the pilot.

In April 2018, Bacon announced via his Instagram account that "the network has decided not to move forward."

Super sux!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: