ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Autobiography of Jean-Luc Picard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: The Autobiography of Jean-Luc Picard Reply with quote

Making It So... The Autobiography of Jean-Luc Picard
StarTrek.com Staff Imgur

David A. Goodman, who wrote The Autobiography of James T. Kirk: The Story of Starfleet's Greatest Captain, Federation: The First 150 Years and the "Where No Fan Has Gone Before" episode of Futurama, and who served as a writer/consulting producer on season two of Star Trek: Enterprise, will be back on bookstore shelves later this year with The Autobiography of Jean-Luc Picard: The Story of One of Starfleet's Most Inspirational Captains. -

Set for release in the fall from Titan Books, The Autobiography of Jean-Luc Picard tells the story of one of the most-celebrated names in Starfleet history. His extraordinary life and career make for dramatic reading: court martials, unrequited love, his capture and torture at the hands of the Cardassians, his assimilation by the Borg and many other encounters are testaments to a truly unforgettable tale. Captain's logs and excerpts from Picard's personal correspondence give his narrative further depth. And an eight-page color section highlights some of the key moments and relationships from his life. The hardback edition of The Autobiography of Jean-Luc Picard: The Story of One of Starfleet's Most Inspirational Captains will run 288 pages and cost $24.99 in the U.S. and 17.99 British Pounds in the UK. Keep an eye on StarTrek.com for additional details about the book.
See more at: http://www.startrek.com/article/making-it-so-the-autobiography-of-jean-luc-picard#sthash.o0XnMu6N.dpuf

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds great, BDT! Thanks. Very Happy

bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Review: "The Autobiography of Jean-Luc Picard" Adds New Life To Star Trek: TNG's Captain

BDT: The book is finally out but is not at the library yet.

Quote:
Over the years, some who have reviewed my career as captain of the Enterprise have questioned my decision, specifically how I could let a teenager who'd never gone to the Academy take the conn of the Federation flagship. My answer is that I trusted my first officer, who'd trained the young man, and our experiences proved him to be correct: Wesley was an excellent navigator and helmsman. But that wasn't the true reason I did it. The reason that I acceded to it was much more personal.

??I enjoyed having Wesley at his father's post. (Page 223)

The book is based entirely on canonical Star Trek, ignoring the continuity of the Star Trek novels, allowing the author to tell his own story, especially about Picard's life following Star Trek: Nemesis.....

Link for full story:
https://trekmovie.com/2017/11/03/review-the-autobiography-of-jean-luc-picard-gives-new-life-to-star-trek-tngs-captain/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: