ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sucker Punch (2011)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Spike
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Sucker Punch (2011) Reply with quote

Steampunk a go go!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0978764/reference

Snyder pushing buttons for polarizing results.

Off the bat I'd have to say I'm over thirty years older than the critics have claimed is the demographic for this one.

Sucker Punch, as reviews attest, is not for everyone. It has been called any number of things in derogatory fashion — which, since I enjoyed the film, would seem to mean I'm a misogynist fetishist gamer.

However, to the best of my knowledge, that is not true.

Sucker Punch is loud, full of visual orgasms, musically adroit, exciting, clever, and very sexy. Snyder has made no secret of his fetish leanings when making this piece, but it hardly constitutes a dark seedy mind at work.

It can easily be argued that the film is very much pro women. The story itself — in amongst the explosive thunder of the fantastical action — is tender and beautiful, complete with emotional kickers. Perhaps it's in the eye of the beholder. But I see a strong female-led action movie, with shifting fantasy realms.

Love it or hate it, Snyder has pushed buttons with this exercise. Better that than another cash cow sequel or another remake, re-imaging, or rebirth. 7/10

orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't even noticed this movie's absence from the website. Thanks for correcting the oversight, Spike.

I bought the DVD as soon as I had finished watching the movie as a rental. I love it. My wife doesn't.

WayneO
-----------
The Spike
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

orzel-w wrote:
I hadn't even noticed this movie's absence from the website. Thanks for correcting the oversight, Spike.

I bought the DVD as soon as I had finished watching the movie as a rental. I love it. My wife doesn't.

Yep, I have had some very interesting chats with folk about it, most notably with ladies!

Glad yer a fan, I think some of the hatred poured on it is rather daft. It's awesome on HD as well!

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't care for this movie. I thought the plot was ridiculous.

Actually, I saw it when I went on a date with a lady I met on eharmony shortly after my 2001 divorce.

She picked the movie. I hated it. We never went out again. Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: