ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Supergirl (CBS 2015 / CW 2016)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure we'll see something like that next season. The quick peek we got was just a teaser to cause us to look for clues and do our homework over the summer.

And by gum, we did! Very Happy

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would have gone in a different direction for the flashback to Krypton.

Scene: Enormous complex where we see a vast Kryptonian AI & several scientists talking to the AI.

"Krypton is beyond saving. We are sorry that your AI allows you to not only comprehend but to 'feel' the end of your existence along with us."

AI: "My fate will be different from yours . . . goodbye."

We then see the AI unfold & morph into a large & fantastic looking star ship. It lifts out of the complex after blasting a hole in the roof & continues into outer space.

AI: "Krypton dies, Brainiac lives."

Just how AWESOME would this be!

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesomesauce!!!
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exciting episode as Supergirl & Reign have a titanic battle.

Loved the scene with Mon-El when he first explains to our regular cast members about the Legion!
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed!

* * * * SPOILER * * * *

Poor Kara got the Kryptonian snot beat out of her! It was difficult to watch.Shocked

The final plummet from the building and the way the sidewalk was smashed — with crying kids standing around gazing at the sad sight — was very moving.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a cliffhanger episode it was very effective. The mid-season opener is planned to introduce more thawed out members of the Legion (It was Schott who called them THE LEGION OF SUPERHEROES.).

We'll meet Braniac-5 who is destined to be Kara's next squeeze.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brianac-5 is a likable character. I'm really enjoying the series. Very Happy

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Checking Wikipedia, I see that "The fourteenth episode is set to air on April 16, 2018, to accommodate the airing of Legends of Tomorrow's third season in the same timeslot until April 9." So still a bit of a mid-season gap to go... Sad
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our late and much lamented friend Randy Everett was NOT impressed with Supergirl before the first first dozen episodes had aired (back on Nov 15, 2015), and he had this to say about the series.

Randy wrote:
When ever I see Supergirl being kicked around by a bad guy, the song "Rescue Me" by Fontella Bass starts running through my head, and sure enough Cuzin' Supie shows up to rescue her.

By the way, the last episode had a massive viewer drop . . .

I don't expect this show to run more than 13 weeks.

Well, here we are at episode 15 . . . of season 3, and the show did exactly what I hoped it would do as season 1 came to a close — it moved from CBS to the CW so it could offer plenty of crossover episodes with the other DC superhero series.

Ironically, one-by-one I've lost interest in the other CW series — Flash, Arrow, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow. I'll probably give them all another shot with a nice long session of "binge watching" so that I'll stay on top of the plot developments, instead of getting a bit muddled because I forget all the details of the last six episodes that connected with the current ones.

God, I HATE it when that happens! Shocked

Meanwhile, this week's Supergirl was exceptional, with a combat training scene between Supergirl and Mon-El, who was wearing his totally DC-type superhero costume composed of skintight leotards and an ankle-length cape. And the training exercise involved Mon-El teaching Supergirl how to use her CAPE as a weapon!

Back in the 1950s, when I was a ten-year-old fan of Superman and all things superhero-ish, I just loved the idea of fighting crime while wearing a cape. But several decades have passed and a new millennium has dawned. Now I just don't have the same affection for strutting around in public with a useless piece of fabric hanging down behind me while battling nasty villains.

In other words —

However, this week's Supergirl episode found a way to make a cape seem like Indiana Jones' whip, and I have to admit that this series has elevated The Girl of Steel to a new level of "cool"!
Cool
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, hell, my local CW has been airing the new season of Supergirl, but the Dish schedule for Sundays from 8:00 to 9:00 has been listing The Big Bang Theory each week, so I can't set the DVR for the damn thing!

I hate watching things live and having to put up with commercials! Evil or Very Mad

When I realized I'd missed the first episode and later found out that I couldn't DVR episodes 2 or 3 in the normal manner, I just decided to wait until the season was over and it came out on Netflix.

Then I could binge watch it. Very Happy

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My "set-top box" does allow recording three things at once, I think - handy with consecutive shows, as the default "start recording 1 minute early, end five minutes after" means an overlap.

I suspect this post will have a rather short life, given the current hosting problems! Surprised
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Copy everything you post to a Word document for the next few days. Servage.net has been given strict instructions to restore the most recent database, the one with the missing 10 days of posts.

When they do, anything added since yesterday when they installed this older database will be gone, but the missing post will be back.

What they don't know is that as soon as I get that database back, my friend Raj Patel is going to install it on a server with a new web host and I'll wave good-bye to Servage.net, dammit. Sad

Raj said he would set up the board on the new location this weekend. When he does, you can re-post anything recent that was lost in the switch from this older database back to the one from a few days ago.

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt if my recent post is worth re-posting, particularly if the missing posts do return to life.

I do agree about fast-forwarding through ads... some British channels don't have commercial breaks, which is fine to watch live, but otherwise, I'd definitely pre-record. Luckily the tv shows that some kind people post online do generally have the ads excised... though it's annoying when a wide band across the lower part of the screen shows an ad while the show is in action. Does that happen in your neck of the woods...?
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Custer wrote:
Luckily the tv shows that some kind people post online do generally have the ads excised... though it's annoying when a wide band across the lower part of the screen shows an ad while the show is in action. Does that happen in your neck of the woods...?

Nope, I'm not familiar with that.

By they way, since I'm still waiting on Servage to restore the lost posts (which means this will be gone when that happens), I can wander off topic here and mention that today I've been fixing SFMB's broken alphabetical index.

I'm up to the C's (page 14 out of 44 Microsoft Word doc pages, saved from the original Yuku version). I have to change a thousand little things to make it work on the Tapatalk board, but I should get it done this weekend.

Every now and then I get a YOU HAVE BEEN BLOCKED message when I try to submit a portion. So far I've been able to get around it somehow.

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep up the good work. I'm surprised to find the board up today...

I noticed that "wide band" on a show I watched last night, "Manifest" I think, and a little investigation showed that the advertiser was based in Canada. It's really pushing things a bit far when you don't just have ads, at around 17-18 minutes per hour, between sections of a show, but plastered on top of the action occasionally as well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

Jump to: