ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Trek movie, directed by Quentin Tarantino?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek Movies and related subjects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Star Trek movie, directed by Quentin Tarantino? Reply with quote

Quentin Tarantino's Star Trek movie will be R-rated, because he's taking Kirk where he's never gone before
by Alyssa Thorne, Hello Giggles

....Tarantino is currently thinking about a writer for the project, and options include Mark L. Smith (The Revenant), Lindsey Beer (a whole bunch of stuff that isn't out yet), and Drew Pearce (Iron Man 3) as of now. Seems like a pretty solid group to us!

We're eager to learn more about this early-stages project and to see what new places Tarantino envisions the crew boldly going because if it's R-rated, the possibilities are endless -- so we're definitely going to stay tuned!......

And Patrick Stewart is interested!

Quote:
One of my dreams is to work with Tarantino, Stewart said. I admire his work so much, and to be in a Tarantino film would give me so much satisfaction. So, if he is going to direct something to do with Star Trek and there was the possibility of dear old Jean-Luc showing up again and doing that for Mr. Tarantino, I would embrace it

As both Abrams and Tarantino are busy working on other big movies at the moment Abrams on another chapter of the Star Wars saga, Tarantino on a project about the Manson murders, both set to release in 2019. it could be a while before this rumored Star Trek collaboration boldly goes where no Star Trek movie has gone before. If we're lucky, Patrick Stewart throwing his name into the revival ring will warp-speed up the process.

Full stories at this link:
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/quentin-tarantino-star-trek-movie-191929487.html

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked

WayneO
-----------
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

''I got a bad feeling about this." (Star Wars)
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even I don't think this movie will ever happen. I waited for a few days before I posted this. It is interesting that Patrick Stewart is interested in working with Quentin Tarantino.
Rick
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think almost any actor would be interested, eager even, to work with Quentin Tarantino. He writes delicious dialogue.

A few years back I worked with Tom Wopat and asked him about working on DJANGO UNCHAINED. He gave me an aw shucks answer..."...aw, it was a tiny role...just one day's work..."

But, I said, "you got to speak Tarantino words." He broke out a huge smile and said, "Oh, yes. Yes, I did."

Actors would kill for the kind of words Quentin writes.

orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there are any legs to this story, I'm all in.

WayneO
-----------
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek Movies and related subjects All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: