ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

APB (All Points Bulletin 2017)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:43 pm    Post subject: APB (All Points Bulletin 2017) Reply with quote

From Wikipedia:

A tech billionaire is given control over a Chicago Police district, hoping to close the file of a murder of a close friend and his company's CFO. The story is loosely based on the New York Times Magazine article "Who Runs the Streets of New Orleans?"

The pilot was good and the second show was good too. This is like "Tony Stark upgrades the police department in one Chicago precinct to show what truly high-tech cops can do."

So far, I like it! Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a short rant about how good shows get cancelled and bad shows sometimes linger on and on — and even come back after they've been cancelled! Shocked

I didn't care for Timeless and stopped watching it about the time the network cancelled it. My reaction was, "No great loss . . ." Rolling Eyes

Then they gave the series another shot, and I tried it again. I still didn't like it.

The series I wish Fox would bring back is THIS one, APB, which I enjoyed very much during its 12 episode run.

Another one I liked a helluva lot was Limitless, based on the dynamic movie of the same name. I've downloaded all 22 episodes of the one season we were given before the boneheads in the corner offices pulled the plug, and I've watched them all twice so far!

As Larry Niven is fond of saying, "TANJ!" ("There ain't no justice!") Sad

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it was an enjoyable show, cancelled much too soon. It was, as you say, very much "Tony Stark uses his high-tech skillz to upgrade a police precinct" — a bit blatant, even, but it made for an entertaining hour, er, 43 minutes.
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud and I would watch the series at the same time and comment on Facebook.

One odd thing about the series is that the earliest episodes (maybe the first six) were photographed in high contrast. After the first six episodes, the high contrast photography was abandoned.

Tech billionaire Gideon Reeves was very similar to Tony Stark, but with no iron suit.

The show was canceled after 12 episodes.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boy oh boy, I sure miss sharing promising series like this one with my late pal, Bulldogtrekker. We didn't always agree about the things we watched, but we always enjoyed watching them together.

However, we agreed that this series was a winner. And yet the network bozos didn't see things our way, and after airing just enough episodes to make us love the show, they cancelled it!

Damn . . . Sad

I can't help wishing two things; both this series and Almost Human had survived . . . and the same thing was true about my late friend, Tim Edwards. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: