ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Manual (2018 short independent film)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Independent Films
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject: The Manual (2018 short independent film) Reply with quote

The Manual (2018), a dark sci-fi short, whose trailer gives the last man on Earth a Robot! You’ve already watched 1/17th of the short if you finished the trailer. Without reading the synopsis this feels an awful lot like A Boy And His Dog, well minus the dog and interjecting a hybrid C-3PO/Stormtrooper into the mix.

IMDB says: In a dystopian future, the last human is raised by a machine. He struggles with the loneliness of no human interaction and questions the teachings of a mysterious religious 'Manual' which the machine claims is holy.

Wil Magness wrote and directed this 30 minute short. Starring J. J. Johnston as the robot weaned human all growed up and Lauren Emery as I’m assuming the voice of the rearing machine.

Debuts August 11, 2018 at the TCL Chinese 6 Theaters in Los Angeles during the Hollyshorts film festival.

Anyone else out there going to mess with this one? I love a good dystopian film, though I’m afraid as soon as I get fully invested in this one it reaches its conclusion. Trailer at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i39wamWlRr8

I guess there’s only one way to find out eh?

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This does look interesting, Butch. Thanks for sharing it with us. Cool

And the robot's design is both appealing and menacing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Independent Films All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: