ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The FOUNDATION Trilogy (Skydance 2019 or 2020)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:36 pm    Post subject: The FOUNDATION Trilogy (Skydance 2019 or 2020) Reply with quote

The FOUNDATION Trilogy [the originals, NOT the add-ons) has been ordered as a 10-episode series by Apple Entertainment, with none other than Skydance Television, David S Goyer, and Josh Friedman attached as producers and showrunners. Asimov’s Foundation has inspired the creators of countless science fiction works in all mediums, such as Star Wars, Futurama, and Douglas Adams’ Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Info at AICN http://www.aintitcool.com/node/80735
orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! I've already read the books! Hope that doesn't spoil the adaptation for me. Sad But since I read them back in the '60s, maybe my faded memory will save me.

WayneO
-----------
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By 1998, New Line Cinema had spent $1.5 million developing a film version of the Foundation Trilogy. The failure to develop a new franchise was partly a reason the studio signed on to produce The Lord of the Rings film trilogy.

On July 29, 2008, New Line Cinema co-founders Bob Shaye and Michael Lynne were reported to have been signed on to produce an adaptation of the trilogy by their company Unique Pictures for Warner Brothers.

However, Columbia Pictures (Sony) successfully bid for the screen rights on January 15, 2009, and then contracted Roland Emmerich to direct and produce. Michael Wimer was named as co-producer. Two years later, the studio hired Dante Harper to adapt the books. This project failed to materialize and HBO acquired the rights when they became available in 2014.

In November 2014, TheWrap reported that Jonathan Nolan was writing and producing a TV series based on the Foundation Trilogy for HBO.

Nolan confirmed his involvement at a Paley Center event on April 13, 2015.

In June 2017, Deadline reported that Skydance Media will produce a TV series.

I would suggest thay anyone unfamiliar with the series...or just needing a refresher check out the Wikapedia entry which gives an excellent overview of this fabulous example of true Sci-Fi !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: