ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Avengers (2012)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud, the rabid Bambi killer!

He who is known among the tribes as "Hunts with sticks"!

Krel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
When they chastise me for killing Bambi, I'll tell 'em the deer had rabbis and it killed three people before I was able to bring the beast down!Shocked

Just tell them that wild Bambis kill more people every year than any other wild animal in the U.S.. You don't have to tell them that most of them do it by crashing through windshields. But it is startling how many people are killed in attacks by wild deer.

David.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had fun creating the image at the bottom of this post for a scene in The Hero Experience, when the main character (a teenage boy) is sitting in a barber shop —

— and spots the mounted deer head on the wall, along with the two used bows he ends up buying for himself and a friend. They use them when they (and two other buddies) attempt to masquerade as the amateur superhero group they invent, the Bowmen.

The picture below is a composite of four separate elements I put together with Paint.net: (1) the stucco wall, (2) the deer head, (3) the double-hooves bow holder, and (4) the two bows.

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've loved the Avengers films being a longtime comic book fan and collector.

However, the first issue of the Marvel comic book of the Avengers had the following roster: Iron Man, Thor, Hulk, Ant Man, the Wasp. Captain America joined up several issues later.

For the feature film, I'd have preferred to see Hank Pym (Ant Man) and Janet van Dyne (the Wasp) in place of Black Widow and Hawkeye.

It would have been a wonderful homage to the comic book to see the actual founding members for the first film. I would have still included CA for their debut movie even though it isn't technically correct with the Marvel comic timeline of the team.

Black Widow & Hawkeye certainly could be included at a later date.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: