ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
Nothin' but pure science fiction!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reverie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to Tomorrow!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pow
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reverie Reply with quote

Sadly, NBC has canceled this intriguing TV show about VR.
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww... I rather liked that one, though there are plenty more fish in the sea.
Pow
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud,too many of my ''fish''seem to get speared by the networks.

Timeless managed a second season...then got canceled for a second time.

One Season Wonders } The Green Hornet,The Time Tunnel,UFO,Captain Power & the Soldiers of the Future,Hypernauts,Crusade,Space:Above & Beyond,No Ordinary Family,Terra Nova,Firefly.

Stopping now,getting depressed.
Krel
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow wrote:

One Season Wonders } The Green Hornet,The Time Tunnel,UFO,Captain Power & the Soldiers of the Future,Hypernauts,Crusade,Space:Above & Beyond,No Ordinary Family,Terra Nova,Firefly.

"The Green Hornet" got canceled by the Producer, because ABC wouldn't upgrade it to an hour long. They found doing 30 minute episodes too hard.

"The Time Tunnel" was canceled because, according to Irwin Allen, they ran out of historical stock footage to use. Laughing

"UFO" was British, but was popular in America, which wanted more episodes. Unfortunately, too much time had passed since the show was originally broadcast in England.

"Hupernauts" was cancled when Disney bought ABC, and wanted only their own programs.

"Crusade" had bad ratings, but how much of that was due to the confusion caused by the messed up order of the episodes, who knows.

"Space: Above and Beyond was canceled because of borderline ratings, but mainly because Chris Carter wanted Glen Morgan, James Wong back on "The X-Files" which was Fox's big hit, and Fox wanted to keep Chirs Carter happy.

"No Ordinary Family", sad to say that I have never even heard of this show

"Terra Nova" got canceled, just when it was becoming interesting, due to dismal ratings. It wasn't very good, but I watched every episode, so what does that say about me. Laughing

"Firefly" was a victim of Fox shuffling the order of the episodes, preempting the show and having absolutely no patience after spending millions on the show.

David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to Tomorrow! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: