ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange Vintage Vehicles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:44 am    Post subject: Strange Vintage Vehicles Reply with quote

The Chevy Belair Bat-Van:

and the companion Chevy Belair Robin's Van:

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is for when Batman and Catwoman get married and have to take the Bat-kids to Bat-soccer and Bat-Little League games. Or just Bat-ting practice. Cool

Na-na na-na na-na na-na, Bat-Van! . . . Na-na na-na na-na na-na, Bat-Van

orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
This is for when Batman and Catwoman get married and have to take the Bat-kids to Bat-soccer and Bat-Little League games.

How sexist. Where's Catwoman's contribution? I would think her children would be more adept at Cat-soccer. Let Batman's male offspring attend Little League, where they can serve as Bat-boys.

On another note, why do you put horizontal lines above and below your text, Bud?

WayneO
-----------
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orzel-w wrote:
How sexist. Where's Catwoman's contribution? I would think her children would be more adept at Cat-soccer. Let Batman's male offspring attend Little League, where they can serve as Bat-boys.

How sexist indeed! You're assuming the girls in the family can't be in little league as well? Shocked

orzel-w wrote:

On another note, why do you put horizontal lines above and below your text, Bud?

The one above keeps the text from being crowded up against the top of the message window. I just like it that way. It's kind of a "writer's thing — and sort of an "artist thing", too. The balanced composition of the elements within the visual space makes it more appealing. Wink)

The shorter line on at the bottom, however, is placed there automatically by the board's software whenever a member's post has a signature at the bottom.

Apparently you didn't notice that YOU'VE got one at the bottom, too! Laughing

I also use lines within a long post to separate my message from blocks of text I've pasted from articles, etc., to "frame the pasted text" within the post. (I usually just use the "quote" feature for the text of other members.)

Thanks for asking, Wayne. Maybe some of the other members will like the idea of formatting their posts that way and give it a try.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: