ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fraiser Revival?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> TV Shows in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject: Fraiser Revival? Reply with quote

"Frasier": Kelsey Grammer Hints That a Revival Will Be Announced Soon

(For unknown reasons the article will not load on my computer!)
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IMDB link seems to be working fine now, Eadie. Try it again. Very Happy

And thanks for sharing the interesting news!

ScreenRant has a nice article as well.

Kelsey Grammer: Frasier Reboot Might Be Announced in a Month or Two

I hope David Hyde Pierce will be in the new show. The article at Deadline Hollywood has this to say about that idea.

Grammer made it clear that he would like his Frasier cast mates to join him on the potential new series. “There has been some discussions; nothing is planned; There is nothing set in stone. In my own personal approach to what I’ve discussed with other people is that I wouldn’t want to do it without these guys,” he said, looking at [David Hyde] Pierce and [Jane] Leeves who were sitting next to him [at a panel discussion ata the USC Comedy Festival Vol. 4 held in Los Angeles].

Frankly I was worried that the stars hadn't aged well and the new show was going to feature a of cast of wrinkled and sagging versions of the former attractive folks we remember fondly. After all, it's been 15 years, and I know that I've aged visibly (dammit) since 2004 when the series ended, so it's reasonable to assume the cast looks significantly different today.

But how much different? Shocked

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Kelsey Grammer has retained a distinguished and intelligent appearance.

David Hyde Pierce isn't quite the youthful little brother any more, but he still looks like Frasier's sibling, and even more like a distinguished psychiatrist!

I was delighted to see that Peri Gilpin hasn't let herself get fat and grayhaired, even though she's 58!

Jane Leeves never tried to make her character look particularly sexy (she was just sweet and quirky in a veedy Ba-rrritish way), but if these comparison photos are any indication, she's actually gotten better looking. Very Happy

Ironically she's the same age as Peri Gilpin! Shocked

So, I reckon this new series has a good chance of appealing to the fans of the original! Cool
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the funniest and smartly scripted sitcoms ever produced.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> TV Shows in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: