ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arrow (2012)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:15 pm    Post subject: Arrow (2012) Reply with quote

When I was a kid in the 1950s, the Great American Heroes were cowboys. Kids wore cap pistols, plastic holsters, and felt stetsons.

That was then. This is now. And superheroes are all the rage.

Oddly enough, I wrote the first draft of The Hero Experience smack in between then and now — in 1982. It's all about four idealistic teenagers who pretend to be superheroes that fight crime with bows and homemade weapons.

They do it just for fun, during summer vacation. It doesn't go the way they expected — and that's when it gets exciting.

So, naturally this show speaks my language, fluently.

And yet, I've just started watching it, three years after it premiered. I love the gritty edge, the fast pace, the white-knuckle action, the lovely ladies, the complex stories, the depth of the characters, and the lovely ladies. (Yes, I know, I mentioned them twice. Cool)

Thank God Netflix streams this series so I can shamelessly over-indulge in binge watching until bedsores on my backside start making my sofa a painful place to be.

If your a fan of Arrow and you remember the days of Roy Rogers and Hopalong Cassidy, you'll enjoy my novel. Give it a look.

Meanwhile, if you're a fan of Arrow (backside bedsores and all) tell us about it right here.[/size]

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:48 am; edited 6 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we had several Arrow fans around here. If so, I wish they'd tell us about it.

I've definite become one, and I'm up to episode 15 in season 1. The series is action packed with very interesting characters and complex stories. The fight scenes are astounding.

I look forward to working my way up to the Flash / Arrow cross-overs.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am definitely a fan of Arrow as well as the related series The Flash, Supergirl, Gotham and the up-coming DC's Legends of Tomorrow. I am also a fan of a short lived series that would fit nicely, Birds of Prey.
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, I was forgetting about "Birds of Prey" - that came out in 2002, according to its Wikipedia page. Who can forget Helena Kyle's "therapy sessions" with respected psychologist Dr Harleen Quinzel...? I see Amazon does have a dvd box set available, at a reasonable price... it will be interesting to compare it with our current Gotham and Arrow series!
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supergirl will appear!

http://tvline.com/2016/07/03/arrow-season-5-olicity-breakup-status-stephen-amell/

Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/arrow-season-8-final-season-cw-1203156254/

Arrow to End With Season 8 on The CW
The next season of Arrow will be its last, Variety has learned.

The CW’s longest-running current DC Comics series, which was renewed for an eighth season back in January, will end after Season 8 airs during the 2019-2020 season. The final season will consist of 10 episodes.

“This was a difficult decision to come to, but like every hard decision we’ve made for the past seven years, it was with the best interests of ‘Arrow’ in mind,” series executive producers Greg Berlanti, Marc Guggenheim and Beth Schwartz said in a statement. “We’re heartened by the fact that Arrow has birthed an entire universe of shows that will continue on for many years to come. We’re excited about crafting a conclusion that honors the show, its characters and its legacy and are grateful to all the writers, producers, actors, and — more importantly — the incredible crew that has sustained us and the show for over seven years.”

Series star Stephen Amell also posted the following message on Twitter: “Playing Oliver Queen has been the greatest professional experience of my life … but you can’t be a vigilante forever … There’s so much to say … for now I just want to say thank you.”

Arrow launched on The CW in 2012 and remains one of the network’s highest-rated shows. It helped spawn what has come to be known as the Arrowverse, an inter-connected universe of other DC shows. The other current Arrowverse shows are The Flash, Supergirl, and DC's Legends of Tomorrow. The CW also has a Batwoman pilot starring Ruby Rose in the works, with that project considered likely to get a series pickup.

Arrow stars Amell as the titular superhero, whose real name is Oliver Queen. Queen returned home to Starling City five years after being presumed dead in a shipwreck, at which time he created the superhero persona of Green Arrow to fight crime in the city.

In addition to Amell, the series also stars David Ramsey, Emily Bett Rickards, Echo Kellum, Katie Cassidy, Rick Gonzalez, Juliana Harkavy, Colton Haynes, Kirk Acevedo, and Sea Shimooka. In addition to Berlanti, Guggenheim, and Schwartz, Sarah Schechter also executive produces. The series is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television.

Playing Oliver Queen has been the greatest professional experience of my life … but you can’t be a vigilante forever.

Arrow will return for a final run of 10 episodes this Fall.

There’s so much to say … for now I just want to say thank you.

— Stephen Amell (@StephenAmell) March 6, 2019

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the first five seasons, but lost interest. Maybe I'll try the last three again.

Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Birds Of Prey Inspired Episode Reveals First Photos "All the Women Are in the Forefront", Raves EP

https://tvline.com/2019/04/08/arrow-season-7-episode-18-photos-caity-lotz-laurel-dinah-sara-felicity/

By Matt Webb Mitovich / April 8 2019, 5:34 PM PDT
(With reporting by Vlada Gelman)

Birds of a badass feather flock together in the first photos from Arrow‘s next Season 7 episode, which unites Laurel, Felicity, Dinah and even Sara Lance in a story about potentially derailed redemption.

In the episode Lost Canary (airing Monday, April 15, now at 9/8c), Earth-Two’s Laurel (played by Katie Cassidy) — after being accused of murder and having her criminal past exposed — goes “full Black Siren” and teams up with criminal acquaintance Shadow Thief (guest star Carmel Amit) for a crime spree around Star City. While Dinah (Juliana Harkavy) aims to bring Laurel in, Felicity (Emily Bett Rickards) refuses to give up on her friend and tries everything to get through to her, even summoning Sara Lance (DC's Legends Of Tomorrow‘s Caity Lotz) for help.

“I know we did a Canary-esque episode in a previous season” — Season 2’s Birds Of Prey, which pitted Sara and Laurel against the Huntress — “but we have been talking about a Birds Of Prey-inspired episode for years, and have it really focused on the women,” showrunner Beth Schwartz tells TVLine. “I was very determined to make that happen this season.”

Reflecting on how the anticipated team-up came out, Schwartz says, “I think that my favorite part is just having all the women in the forefront, and they sort of have each other’s backs. Instead of having them be against each other, they work together to try to help each other. You don’t get to see that very often, and that’s a very important message that I just really wanted to have.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: