ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lucy In The Sky (2019)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject: Lucy In The Sky (2019) Reply with quote

http://collider.com/lucy-in-the-sky-trailer-natalie-portman/

Trailer Has Natalie Portman Struggling with Life on Earth after Visiting Outer Space

Fox Searchlight has released the first trailer for Noah Hawley’s upcoming drama Lucy In The Sky. The film stars Natalie Portman as astronaut Lucy Cola, who begins to lose touch with reality after returning to Earth, which now seems small when compared to the majesty of space.

Even though Noah Hawley isn’t new here—he’s had two FX shows with Fargo and Legion—I still don’t know what to think about his work. Judging by the trailer for Lucy In The Sky, it definitely seems like he’s much more in Legion territory with trippy visuals and a surreal setting, and that’s dismaying because Legion is a much weaker show than Fargo. Although Fargo started off as Hawley in the Coen Brothers’ sandbox, he eventually made it his own and turned it into an incisive look at America and its many flaws. Legion, on the other hand, is all sizzle and no steak. The ideas presented in the first season are pretty straightforward in how they deal with identity, but you have to dig through layers of visual and narrative abstraction to get there.

That’s not to say that Lucy In The Sky is another Legion; it’s just that Hawley has shown he can get carried away with the visuals whose majesty outshines the ideas he seeks to explore. Hopefully that won’t be the case here.

Check out the Lucy in the Sky trailer below. The film will be released this year, and also stars Jon Hamm, Dan Stevens, Zazie Beetz, Pearl Amanda Dickson, and Ellen Burstyn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2riLPWRwr0

Here’s the official synopsis for Lucy in the Sky:

In Lucy In The Sky, Natalie Portman plays astronaut Lucy Cola, who returns to Earth after a transcendent experience during a mission to space – and begins to lose touch with reality in a world that now seems too small.

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first part of this trailer makes me really want to see the movie! Cool

The middle part makes me wonder if I'd really like it after all. Confused

And the last part leaves me wondering what the movie is really about. Shocked

___________ Lucy In The Sky Teaser Trailer #1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: