ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Return of Bogmeister!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject: The Return of Bogmeister! Reply with quote

Folks, you may have noticed that the late Bogmeister, aka Andrew Bogdan — who past away in 2015 after serving as my co-site administrator from 2008 until 2014 before the "old board" ceased to exists — seems to have risen from the grave and added one of his famous Star Trek posts All Sci-Fi.

Well, he has . . . and he hasn't. Confused

What I'm about to tell you is nothing less than miraculous. Please read on.

Recently I received a PM from Eadie which provided a link to science fiction message board she had stumbled upon called the Base of Galactic Science Fiction.

Eadie and I discovered that the board had a strange and tragic history. It was created in 2010, and yet the most recent post was back in 2015. It only has 13 members . . . and only five of them have ever posted. Of those five, one member posted three times, and the other four only once.

However, the creator and site admin of this board made 3,264 posts! Shocked

The board is extremely well organized, with an index very similar to All Sci-Fi's. It's unfortunate that such a well designed message board was unable to attract members. Despite this fact, the board's dedicated creator labored tirelessly for five years to add wonderful threads . . . which only received seven replies in all that time. Sad

As I examined the board, I began to suspect something that was quite incredible. I discovered that it had several poster galleries at the bottom of the main index, and I was stunned by the fact that they looked remarkably like the poster galleries here on All Sci-Fi . . . the ones created by Bogmeister for our old board (2007 to 2014) and transferred here by him in December 2013 during the first two weeks of this boards existence.

Please note that Randy Everett helped me create this new version in December 2013, but we kept it "locked" until we were sure the old version was doomed. When the old version ceased to exist in March 2014, we opened this one for business, and it's managed to survive ever since.

My suspicions about the poor, neglected message board were confirmed when I checked the URL's of the images in the poster galleries of the Base of Galactic Science Fiction, and I discovered that the images were all from the Photobucket account of Andrew Bogdan!

The name of the site admin of the Base of Galactic Science Fiction is . . . "BoG".

So, Bogmeister attempted to create a message board like All Sci-Fi back in 2010 while he was the co-site administrator of this board!

Bogmeister never told me about his failed attempt to create his own message board, probably because he was so disappointed by it's failure.

However, what Bogmeister did do that absolutely amazed me was to post hundreds of copies of his most complex and beautifully composed posts which he had ALSO posted on the old All Sci-Fi!

Bogmeister created dozens of elaborate Star Trek posts, for example, which were lost when the old board vanished. But today I discovered that they still exist on the Base of Galactic Science Fiction.

And now I'll be able to transfer them here, posting them under Bogmeister's inactive membership so that he receives all the credit he deserves for these magnificent posts.

Click on the link in the logo at the top of this message and you can read Bogmeister's posts without waiting for me to past copies of them here.

Be advised however that you cannot join Andrew Bogdan's "Lost Message Board" because registration requires activation by the site admin . . . and he's no longer with us.

Finally, I'd like to state for the record that Andrew Bogdan was an excellent co-site administrator, and just one of the improvements to All Sci-Fi that Andrew is responsible for is the invention of our Alphabetical Indexes. He conceived those brilliant innovations and installed the original versions on the old All Sci-Fi, a task which took him several weeks to complete.

I'm very please to honor Andrew's memory by saving many of his "lost" posts and transferring them here from his Base of Galactic Science Fiction.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm . . . guys? Just to recap the days events, here's what your loyal site administrator did on this fine Saturday.

~ With Eadie's help I located a "Lost Message Board" created in 2010 which bears a strange resemblance to All Sci-Fi.

~ I determined that the board was a tragically failed experiment by All Sci-Fi's co-site administrator from 2009 to 2014, Bogmeister . . . and yet I'd never known about it until today! Shocked

~ This board has only 13 members, and only 5 of them have ever made posts! Sad

~ At yet Bogmeister added 3,265 posts over a five-year period in his desperate effort to create his own version of All Sci-Fi!

~ Many of Bogmeister's posts on this "Lost Message Board" are duplicates of the ones on our old board — which existed from 2007 to 2014. Bogmeister's posts are incredibly elaborate messages we thought had been lost forever when the old board ceased to exist!

~ After finding this treasure trove of lost compositions by Andrew "Bogmeister" Bogdan (thanks to Eadie), I devised a clever way to logon to All Sci-Fi in Bogmeister's name and begin posting some of the messages he'd been prevented from sharing with us because of his tragic death. Sad

~ In short, ladies and gentlemen, I resurrected the soul of Mr. Bogdan and added a dozen of his brilliant posts to All Sci-Fi — almost five years after he passed away!

And I intend to keep on doing this to enhance this board with the intelligent messages Bogmeister created for us to enjoy, despite the fact that his tragic passing robbed us of the enjoyment which his compositions would have provided.

I'm hoping that All Sci-Fi's members will support my efforts by replying to Bogmeister's "new" posts with a few interesting replies.

After all, I'd hate to think that our deceased member was adding more interesting new posts than our living ones! Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Contact All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: