ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2013)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of shots from that 100-episode recap:

Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.tvguide.com/news/agents-of-shield-season-6-everything-to-know/?rss=breakingnews

Everything We Know About Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 6

The hiatus between Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Seasons 5 and 6 has been enough to make drive any fan mad. Darn that Thanos snap and its derailment of everything we know and love!

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be returning with its sixth season this summer though, and it's already got a seventh season order on the books. Looks like we'll be getting plenty of superpowered storylines in the foreseeable future. While we wait for that sixth season to drop, we figured we'd pull together all the spoilers and teasers we've got about Season 6 so far to help you prepare for this new chapter.

It's slated for a summer premiere. While there's no set premiere date yet, we do know that the show will return in May of 2019, and the season will consist of 13 episodes.

There will be a time jump. When Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns, we'll be picking back up one year later, but the loss of loved ones from the Season 5 finale will still be very real and deeply troubling for some characters.

Will Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D..'s Phil Coulson Appear in Avengers: Endgame?

Coulson (Clark Gregg) is officially dead. Last season ended with Coulson and May (Ming Na Wen) gazing off into the literal and metaphorical sunset as they planned to live out Coulson's final days on Earth together. When the show picks back up, he will have officially died from the poison that was slowly killing him in Season 5, and the team will still be coping with their grief over his loss.

Clark Gregg is still on the show. Though Coulson will be dearly departed, you'll still see Clark Gregg on your screens every week. Gregg teased that he'd be playing a new character in Season 6, and though he looks remarkably like Coulson (identical, in fact), he won't be anything like the character we know and love.

This new guy will obviously cause some tension with Coulson's team though, given who exactly he looks like. "We're introduced to a new character who happens to have a very similar aesthetic to Coulson, so having that as a constant reminder in a way turns out to not be the easiest," said Chloe Bennet.

The race is on to find Fitz (Iain De Caestecker). Though Fitz died a hero's death in last year's season finale, he's not technically gone for good. Thanks to some time-travel shenanigans, there's a past version of him floating out in cry-sleep deep in space somewhere. Simmons' (Elizabeth Henstridge) mission this season will be to track down her husband — though he won't remember marrying her because, well, time travel is tricky like that. According to Henstridge, that mission is more easily said than done, but that won't be enough to stop someone as tough as Simmons. "[She] is just totally convinced and determined to find him, so she's not really grieving yet," Henstridge told TV Guide at the Television Critics Association winter press tour. "She's just focused on getting him back. She has no doubt that she will."

Mack (Henry Simmons) has taken over as director. Without Coulson around, someone has to be in charge of what's left of S.H.I.E.L.D., and who better than the man who's already a big papa bear to the whole team? Mack taking over makes perfect sense, but it won't be a totally seamless transition according to Chloe Bennet. "It's been fun to kind of have the dynamic shift with Mack as the Director because there's always that [expectation of] living up to Coulson. It puts him in a different position from all the other characters," said Bennet. "All of the sudden he's the leader, and I think it just makes for a more interesting conversation between all the characters after so long together. It's a great way to kind of mix things up."

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns for Season 6 in May of 2019 on ABC.

Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Premiere Date & Watch a Sneak Peek

https://tvline.com/2019/03/30/agents-of-shield-season-6-premiere-date-trailer-abc-watch/

The next mission for Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has a start date: The ABC superhero drama will return for Season 6 on Friday, May 10 at 8/7c, it was revealed during the show’s WonderCon panel on Saturday.

Series star Clark Gregg will direct the Season 6 premiere, and ABC also dropped a new trailer that offers a sneak peek at the premiere, which you can watch above. In it, May nearly gets barreled over by a semi truck that materializes out of thin air, and out of it steps a guy who looks a lot like Coulson. But when he hears the name “S.H.I.E.L.D.,” he shrugs: “Never heard of it.”

“Last season, the team leaped forward in time to a dystopian future they soon realized must be prevented,” according to ABC’s official synopsis. “While facing multiple timelines and new enemies from faraway planets, they found family, friends, teammates and the courage to pull off their biggest challenge yet. Their next challenge? Coming to grips with the knowledge that bending the laws of space and time may have saved the planet, but it couldn’t save Fitz or Coulson.”

If that wasn’t enough Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. news for one day, ABC also released a new Season 6 cast photo, promising that the new season will be “out of this world”.

This isn’t Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.‘s final mission, either: The series was already renewed for Season 7 in November.

Sneak peek (season 6 cast photo):

Last edited by Eadie on Thu May 28, 2020 1:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to watch this series weekly with Bulldogtrekker, but when they blew up that big, beautiful VTL jet, I somehow lost my enthusiasm for the show and fell out of the habit of watching it.

Bulldogtrekker continued on without me. Sad

But one of these days I'll start binge watching it, and with so many seasons to enjoy, I'm sure it will be fun.

Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How Does the Avengers: Endgame Time Jump Affect Marvel's Agents of S. H. I. E. L. D.?[/size]

https://www.tvguide.com/news/avengers-endgame-time-jump-marvels-agents-of-shield/?rss=breakingnews

The following post contains spoilers for Avengers: Endgame

Marvel fans flocked to theaters in droves this weekend to watch the final installment of the Avengers saga, Avengers: Endgame. We won't spoil who wins, who dies, and who got their happily ever after, but we will spoil one big thing for you because it has the potential to majorly affect Season 6 of Marvel's Agents of S. H. I. E. L. D. — and perhaps the rest of the series.

After an opening sequence that takes place mere weeks after Thanos' galaxy-changing snap, Avengers: Endgame jumps five years into the future. That's where the majority of the film takes place, in a world still reeling with the loss of half its living population. Ultimately, the Avengers manage to undo Thanos' devastating attack on the universe, returning those people to life, but canonically speaking, those five years still happened.

Here's where things get tricky. Marvel's Agents of S. H. I. E. L. D. made mention of Thanos' (Josh Brolin) attack on Wakanda in the Season 5 finale, and when the show returns for Season 6, one year will have passed from the timing of that episode. That means chronologically, this season will take place when half the universe's population has floated off into dust. Not only is it a huge stretch of the imagination to believe that the entire S. H. I. E. L. D. team was so blessed with plot-armor that all of them were spared from the snap, but now they're supposed to be living in a post-snap world? With no way to fix it, and four years of time until the Avengers manage to undo it, we're forced to accept that unless another major time jump occurs, the rest of the Agents of S. H. I. E. L. D. will likely take place before Avengers: Endgame ever happens. (Marvel had no comment on the S.H.I.E.L.D. timeline.)

Is that a sustainable storyline for the show to manage? Or have we finally reached the place where Marvel's Agents of S. H. I. E. L. D. flips the bird to the MCU and just carries on with its own stuff because it's too hard to manage writing their own seasons around whatever is happening in the movies?

Marvel's Agents of S. H. I. E. L. D. returns Friday, May 10 on ABC.

Last edited by Eadie on Thu May 28, 2020 1:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final season of “Agents of SHIELD” begins in 1931 New York, a decade before Steve Rogers would become Captain America. But don’t expect them to stay there for long.

The swan song for the first TV series set inside the Marvel Cinematic Universe will be a trek through its history. “I was so excited to basically get to go into a different decade every week,” star Chloe Bennet told TheWrap. “I never thought as a half-Asian, that I would ever get cast in any sort of period piece, because usually it’s white people.”

Throughout its run, “Agents of SHIELD” has been largely on the outskirts of the MCU (more on that here), but the final run provides a chance to remind viewers that Quake, Mac and the rest of the team have existed in the same universe as Tony Stark and Bruce Banner this whole time: A trip through the MCU’s history.

“I think fans that have been watching the show will feel really rewarded by it,” Bennet adds. “There are so many subtle nods to certain things throughout the show that unfold throughout each decade and each time period.”

“SHIELD” will get at least one surprising visitor in Enver Gjokaj’s Daniel Sousa from fellow MCU-spinoff “Agent Carter.”

“It really feels like all the boundaries has been pushed and broken,” says Elizabeth Henstridge. “We were given this amazing playpen to just go crazy.”

Just as the series began in 2013 with the resurrection of a seemingly-dead Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg), who died in 2012’s “The Avengers,” “SHIELD” starts its final season with another resurrection of everyone’s favorite S.H.I.E.L.D. agent. Only this time, the real Phil Coulson is still dead. This time, he returns as a Life Model Decoy (Marvel-speak for a really advanced android).

While ramifications of bringing back Coulson in LMD form — especially considering the sketchy history of LMDs in “SHIELD” — will be felt throughout the season, Bennet says that Daisy is just happy to have “her buddy back.” Even if it’s a robot version of him.

“I think she just kind of quickly adapts to the fact that it’s just Coulson,” she says. “It’s weird, but also I think trying to be supportive with him. Coulson goes through kind of an existential, very classic ‘robot-in-movies-situation,’ where you’re like, ‘Who am I? What am I? Am I real? What does being alive mean?'”

Though Daisy was one to push the button that “activated” LMD Coulson, it was Gemma (Henstridge) that plotted to create the LMD version of her former boss, arguing it was necessary because the Chronicoms were trying to wipe out S.H.I.E.L.D. from the history books. Who better to know the history of the organization than one of its biggest champions?

“It was her impetus to take on that as an idea of a possible solution,” Henstridge says. “There’s a heavy weight that comes with throwing that up as an option. And I think she’s always been fairly ruthless in terms of what she is willing to do for what she sees as a greater good, what she feels is worth it. But it’s a really difficult thing to navigate to bring somebody back to life essentially without their consent.”

“Agents of SHIELD” returns for its seventh and final season Wednesday at 10 p.m. ET/PT on ABC.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/agents-shield-stars-time-hopping-215441422.html

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/agents-h-e-l-d-132928498.html

We all really needed a happy ending.

Marvel series, "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.," ended its seven-year run Wednesday night with a two-part series finale that was everything fans could have hoped for, a happily-ever-after in a bleak, pandemic world.

"Using timeline-hopping, via the quantam realm fans of "Avengers: Endgame" will recognize, the finale resolved its storylines with a neat bow:

The Chronicoms were taken care of;

Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) was saved and reunited with wife Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge); And their daughter Ayla!

Sibyl (Tamara Taylor) and Malick (Thomas E. Sullivan) were handily dispatched by May (Ming-Na Wen) and Daisy (Chloe Bennet), respectively.

Daisy's fight almost kills her, but Kora (Dianne Doan) saves her.

Deke (Jeff Ward) remains in the alternate timeline, to ensure his friends make it back home and becomes the Director/Leader of S.H.I.E.L.D !.

After one last mission and battle, the finale flashes forward one year into the future, in which Coulson (Clark Gregg), Daisy, Mack (Henry Simmons), Yo-Yo (Natalia Cordova-Buckley), Fitz, Simmons and May gather (holographically) at a bar for an epilogue.

Daisy and Sousa (Enver Gjokaj) are happy as S.H.I.E.L.D. commanders.

Mack is a director from a rebuilt Helicarrier.

May is teaching young agents at Coulson Academy. Yo-Yo is using her skills on a strike team.

Fitz and Simmons get the sweetest ending of all, retiring to take care of their young daughter.

And in a callback, Coulson gets to say his goodbye aboard his flying car L.O.L.A. and got to utter the closing words of the series..."Cool!"!

Fans were ecstatic that the "S.H.I.E.L.D." characters got such happy endings.

"#AgentsofSHIELD really said,
"Screw your dark, tragic endings. We're going to save the world with hope, empathy, love, and family." Love that for them," .

The ending was uplifting, encouraging and just the "happy ending" the (Marvel) world (And ours!) needs right now!

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Custer wrote:
I don't watch tv shows with ads live; a few things I have recorded and then fast-forwarded through the breaks, but some US networks do seem to be pushing things a bit.

Brother, you got THAT right! I hate commercials, so I rarely watching anything "live".

DVR it first, than watch it later — a year later, it you want to. That's how things are done in the 21st Century, dammit!
Shocked
lyncat
Space Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

orzel-w wrote:
I did try, honest. I watched the first three episodes and part of number four before I put the disc back in the sleeve and returned it to Netflix.

My interest began to wane (that's how I know it was my interest) in a scene where some guy on a horse pulls a double-barrel (breech loader) shotgun on the agents. There follows a quick switcheroo maneuver wherein one agent gains possession of the gun and turns it on the owner. In a reaction shot of the gun's owner lying on the ground, you hear the distinct pump-action shick-shick cocking sound.

Granted the pump-action cocking sound is way overused in movies and TV. But a pump-action on a double-barrel shotgun?

You quit after 3 1/2 episodes, and because you didn't like a sound effect? A lot of fans didn't care for the 1st half of season 1, but the show couldn't get things cooking until HYDRA was revealed. Until then, they could only introduce their characters, let you know them, and bring in their mythology, much of which would become important later. Time to give it another try.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2024 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howdy, Lyncat! Welcome to All Sci-Fi. I'm already impressed with your posts. Very Happy

As for our good friend Wayne's perfectly legitimate objection to the bogus shotgun sound effect, I guess I'm a bit more forgiving of sly cinematic tricks like that.

After all, everybody knows that bare-knuckled punches down really make that sharp "Tock" sound we always hear, and tires don't cause screeching noises when cars make tight turns on dirt roads. Rolling Eyes

Arrows don't actually make a whizzing sound before they hit their targets, and you can't really hear a macho man's neck pop when he turns his head to each side to show how tough he is before he goes to battle.

And we're all willing to forgive those noises in space when rockets crank up their engines, or when TIE fighters fire their weapons and the Death Star explodes.

So, with all due respect to Wayne, I would suggest he remember that "fiction" means "not real". The use of dramatic sound effects in fiction would seem to be just be a way to enhance the drama. Like, all that music playing from an unseen orchestra — or the way the hero can take a savage beating, and yet never even get a black eye! Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: