ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Birthday, Bruce!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Comics and Artwork
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Happy Birthday, Bruce! Reply with quote

Four Batman Movies Are Coming Back to Theaters This Summer

https://www.slashfilm.com/batman-movies-back-in-theaters/

Director Tim Burton’s Batman and Batman Returns and director Joel Schumacher’s Batman Forever and Batman & Robin will blast back onto the big screen, allowing fans to experience them in all of their proper glory once again. No need to break out your Bat-magnifying glass – we’ll give you all the details you need below.

This May, you’ll be able to watch the cinematic trajectory of the Caped Crusader slowly go from incredible heights to the laughable lows that put the franchise on ice for years…until Christopher Nolan came along and gave the series the grounded approach which offset the garish neon of Schumacher’s 1990s entries.

The films will play in over 600 theaters nationwide. Here’s the schedule (all times are local), and you can click on each link to buy tickets, which are on sale right now:

Batman (1989) – Saturday, May 4, 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.

Batman Returns (1992) – Monday, May 6, 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

Batman Forever (1995) – Sunday, May 12, 1:00 p.m. and 4:00 p.m.

Batman & Robin (1997) – Tuesday, May 14, 4:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.

Burton’s Batman was a legit game-changer in Hollywood, a pop culture feat that couldn’t be matched by its much weirder, darker follow-up. Schumacher’s movies are, uh, not great, but I maintain that Batman Forever is still a lot of fun. Sure, Jim Carrey can be a bit exhausting in it – even co-star Tommy Lee Jones told Carrey that he couldn’t “sanction [his] buffoonery” – but I appreciated the different sense of energy and style that Schumacher brought to that world. He immediately took it too far in Batman & Robin, a movie I cannot imagine anyone wanting to see again in theaters unless they were a couple drinks in and planning on making fun of it with friends. But maybe there’s someone out there with the ultimate hot take who can convince me that Batman and Robin actually has something to offer … beyond the worst Batman actor yet.

Additionally, all four of these movies are being remastered in 4K Ultra HD for the first time and given a Dolby Atmos soundtrack remixed for home video. If you don’t want to see them in theaters, you can own the 4K versions of each of these films on digital HD starting June 4, 2019. A physical 4K UHD Blu-ray Combo Pack will go on sale on September 17, 2019. Both versions “will collectively include more than 17 hours of previously released extras, including full-length commentaries” by their directors. Here’s the box art:

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TO A DEAR AND VALUED FRIEND....

HAPPY BIRTHDAY !

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Gord, those are wonderful birthday cards! Thanks!

(However, Eadie's post is about Bruce WAYNE, not me. Be sure to post your birthday message again on August 16th.) Very Happy
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
Wow, Gord, those are wonderful birthday cards! Thanks!

(However, Eadie's post is about Bruce WAYNE, not me. Be sure to post your birthday message again on August 16th.) Very Happy

Laughing
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH!
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, does this mean I have to send back the gifts that UPS just delivered? Confused

I PROMISE I won't open them until August! Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Comics and Artwork All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: