ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ALIEN: The Play

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject: ALIEN: The Play Reply with quote

ALIEN: The Play Receives an Encore with Sigourney Weaver in Attendance

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/04/alien-high-school-sigourney-weaver-1202128829/

Ellen Ripley herself showed up to congratulate the high schoolers responsible

ALIEN: The Play had its encore performance at North Bergen High School in New Jersey with a special guest in attendance: Ellen Ripley herself, known on this planet as Sigourney Weaver. The happy gathering took place just as the franchise was celebrating its 40th anniversary, with Alien Day taking place on April 26 because Ridley Scott’s original film was partially set on the fictional planet LV-426.

“I’m so excited to be here,” Weaver says in a video in which she meets the play’s cast and crew. “I am representing all ALIEN fans all over the universe who think what you’re doing is so cool and so important.” She’d previously praised the production after hearing about it online after it went viral: “I just want to say it looked incredible,” Weaver said in a video message to the cast and crew shared last month. “You put so much heart and soul into that. And the alien, I must say, looked very real to me.”

Ridley Scott was a fan as well, offering to partially fund the encore that just took place and lauding everyone involved. “My hat comes off to all of you for your creativity, imagination, and determination to produce such an ambitious show,” he wrote in a letter. “Limitations often produce the best results because imagination and determination can surpass any shortfalls and determine the way forward – always.” In addition to the original ALIEN,” Scott also directed the prequel Prometheus and ALIEN: Covenant.

“Self-sufficiency is what this country was largely based upon with its immigrant population coming in to a New World and working together,” his letter also said. “This is maybe the biggest lesson for all of you, and your future plans — stay with this determination, and this spirit in everything you do, and you will succeed — let nothing put you off — or set you back.”

Now that the play has had its final curtain call, ALIEN fans can go back to wondering if and when Scott will direct the next installment in the enduring sci-fi series.

Pictures and video at site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: