ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R. I. P., Man Who Loved The Music In All Of Us

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject: R. I. P., Man Who Loved The Music In All Of Us Reply with quote

Lee Hale has died

https://www.imdb.com/news/ni62487432?pf_rd_m=A2FGELUUNOQJNL&pf_rd_p=a5dcb740-1adb-4dee-89b5-bd268db45b22&pf_rd_r=C3QX2BRTADZQ5GHVMDBD&pf_rd_s=center-6&pf_rd_t=15061&pf_rd_i=homepage&ref_=hm_nw_tp3

Lee Hale, whose love of 20th century music enhanced The Dean Martin Show and its spin-off, The Golddiggers, has died. He was 96 and passed at his home in Beverly Hills on May 10.

He was a six-time Emmy nominee who became the musical director for The Dean Martin Show and later helmed the popular celebrity roast specials hosted by Martin. He joined the program in 1965 and remained on board until it ended in 1974. He was recruited by show director Greg Garrison to step up the show’s music, and Hale contributed with original songs, jingles and other works drawn from his knowledge of 20th century popular music. Irving Berlin gave him the rare honor of allowing his songs to be used in the show, something he rarely granted to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: