ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Savage Builds episode 1 - Building an Iron Man Suit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> SCIENCE now, add FICTION later
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject: Savage Builds episode 1 - Building an Iron Man Suit Reply with quote

Playing "What if . . . ?" is the kind of imaginative thinking I love to do — except that Adam Savage doesn't just think about interesting ideas, he DOES something with the ideas he comes up with! Cool

What I love best about this project (and others with the same basic goal) is to take an idea that was only science fiction when it was presented in a novel, TV series, or movie, and turn it into a reality — at least to some small degree.

That's why I spend so much time on All Sci-Fi creating posts about whimsical concepts like a a Lost World under the Antarctic ice, or an advanced Martian civilization that hides from us using their technology. And of course, that's why we have a forum called Science now, add Fiction later. Very Happy

But Adam Savage takes this idea to whole new level in the first episode of his new series, Savage Builds.

The Discovery Channel's website says you can watch full episodes there, but I couldn't get this one to play. However, the link in the channels name above will take you to it, and maybe you'll have better luck. Very Happy

________ Ask Adam Savage: What is Savage Builds?

__How Adam Savage built a real Iron Man suit that flies

_______ Is Adam Savage's Iron Man Suit Bulletproof?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> SCIENCE now, add FICTION later All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: