ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The end of Bogmeister's message board

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 3:29 pm    Post subject: The end of Bogmeister's message board Reply with quote

I hope I'm wrong, but it appears that the "free forum" site which Bogmeister used for his message board, The Galactic Base of Science Fiction has gone out of business. I'll no longer be able to post copies of his reviews to All Sci-Fi.

I thought at first that the web host had just deleted Andrew Bogman's website, but the home page of forumotions.net also seems to be offline.

Damn . . .

Well, I managed to rescue 214 of his reviews from The Galactic Base of Science Fiction. But that leaves hundreds I wasn't able to save. Sad

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A ray of hope! Very Happy

After several hours of getting nothing but a white screen with a rotating wheel in the middle, Bogmeister's link now displays a white screen with this message in the upper left corner.

Maintenance

Your website will be back online soon, please retry in a few minutes. 502

Guys, cross your fingers and pray that the rumors of the death of Bogmeister's website have been greatly exaggerated!

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The late Andrew Bogdan's message board was only down for one day due to server maintenance, and I'm still rescuing his enjoyable reviews to preserve them here on All Sci-Fi.

Unfortunately I'm done with the movies, along with more than half finished with the Star Trek episodes, so eventually I will have transferred all the reviews I felt would be of interest to the members of All Sci-Fi.

However, anyone can explore Bogmeiser's message board at this link.

The Galactic Base of Science Fiction
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogmeister's website is down again, and the site called Is It Down Right Now reports this each time I've tested it.

Forumotion.com is DOWN for everyone.
It is not just you. The server is not responding..

I'm saddened by this, but it might come back again, as it's done on two other occasions.

However, I've actually finished transferring all the TOS episode reviews which Andrew Bogdan wrote, as well as all the 1950s and 1960s movies I thought might be of interest to members of All Sci-Fi.

There are more movie and TV series reviews I'll transfer if I get the chance, but since we here at ASF know full well that message boards have declined in popularity, and free forum hosts have been going out of business at for years, it's not surprising the Forumotion.net finally closed Bogmeister's board. It has acquired a new post since Bogmeister's passed away in 2015.

As a matter of record, two earlier versions of All Sci-Fi crashed because of their previous web hosts (AtFreeForums in 2007 and PhPbber in 2014) went out of business.

However, All Sci-Fi is now being hosted by Dreamhost, for which I pay an annual fee, and after a server update on April 30th it has been running very smoothly. Very Happy

Add to this the fact that I make frequent backup copies of our database, and my friend Raj Patal could recreate All Sci-Fi on any web host I chose and install the most recent backup — all within 48 hours of a crash.

So, I'm determined to preserve this site in spite of all obstacles.

Just thought I'd mention that.__

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Contact All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: