ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cinefantastique 1975 single issue — Forbidden Planet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi magazines and fanzines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:49 pm    Post subject: Cinefantastique 1975 single issue — Forbidden Planet Reply with quote

Guys, this is a much less extensive version of the amazing Cinefantastique double issue I posted in this section. Maybe it will appeal more to you folks with short attention spans.

Just kidding. Laughing

But I've determined that it's definitely not just an abbreviated version of the double-issue version, so I intended to read it, even though I studied the double-issue version very carefully and posted numerous replies on the thread.

So, after I've read through this article, I'll post my comments on it here. I hope some of our other members will do us the honor of doing the same.

Click on each page here to see a large, easy-to-read version you can zoom in on. Click on the large version again, and then zoom in as close as you want!

]

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Understand, Bud, that this was an earlier article than the double issue retrospective. It was responsible for whetting the interest in a more detailed and "in depth" look at FORBIDDEN PLANET.

Most of the information is replicated in the other issue, but this may be looked at as the "Readers Digest" of the subsequent issue.

What I would really like to see is a full length book on FORBIDDEN PLANET , pulling together ALL surviving pictures, blueprints, and physical props and artifacts of the greatest Sci-Fi movie of its' decade. ….I think it would be a top seller! (At least to us die-hard fans!)

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're wishin' for stuff, I wish all the info you mentioned was on an Ultimate Forbidden Planet Website! Shocked

It could include test footage of CGI recreations of the deleted scenes, along with even better "walk throughs" of the various sets, similar to the one of the Morbius house (but with MUCH more detail).

Sections of the website would have slide shows with dozens of BTS photos while a narrator tells us fascinating facts about such things as the construction of the sets, the planning of the FX, and the designs of all the sets and props.

Such a website could be constantly growing as new things were discovered and added to the existing treasures. It would be sort of like our 88-page (and growing) Forbidden Planet thread — only even better! Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi magazines and fanzines All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: