ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
Nothin' but pure science fiction!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

City Beneath the Sea (1971 TV movie)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1970 to 2000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FOX did a Time Tunnel reboot some years back & it was quite good. Stronger story premise & enough changes to make it fresh & interesting.

I think all of Irwin Allen's sci-fi tv shows can be revived. The key is having superior writing on them & not following the Irwin Allen formula of having them just be "running, jumping shows" as he once referred to his series.

CBTS certainly falls into that category. And as always with today's level of special/visual effects the show could be epic in scope.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the unaired pilot is quite good. It impressed me much more than the old series ever did.

___________ Time Tunnel Remake Pilot Episode

orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know me... I think any reboot/remake of Irwin's productions couldn't help but be an improvement.

WayneO
-----------
johnnybear
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't like it that much, it was too modern! But I loved the original Time Tunnel with James Darren and Robert Colbert! Shame it only lasted one year as the second season would have brought them out of the tunnel and home, with missions going back into time to prevent the odd anomaly or two from occurring!
JB
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'll bet that would have been much better! Being in full control of the Time Tunnel instead of spending every episode trying to fix an initial screw up and then making matters worse, temporally speaking, would be a lot more interesting. Very Happy

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud said :
Quote:
Hey, I'll bet that would have been much better! Being in full control of the Time Tunnel instead of spending every episode trying to fix an initial screw up and then making matters worse, temporally speaking, would be a lot more interesting

That, basicly, is the premise of ABC's series TIMELESS.
"No one would have believed, in the last years of the nineteenth century, that human affairs were being watched from the timeless worlds of space. No one could have dreamed we were being scrutinized..."
johnnybear
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember ordering the WB on demand disc and it cost me extra through the damn customs because it was over £30! Was it really a Warner Brothers film and not 20th Century fox? It had scenes and models from their series so I would have guessed it belonged to them instead!
JB
Krel
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnybear wrote:
I remember ordering the WB on demand disc and it cost me extra through the damn customs because it was over £30! Was it really a Warner Brothers film and not 20th Century fox? It had scenes and models from their series so I would have guessed it belonged to them instead!
JB

It may have been released through WB, but it was definitely filmed at Fox, it used practically every SF set piece and prop they had.

David.
johnnybear
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, David! Strange how WB released the thing same as the Batman TV series was 20th Century fox but get's released by Warner Bros!
JB
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More than two years ago I proposed the concept of "tethered undersea cities" located around Antarctica, powered by the Antarctic Circumpolar Current, which circles the south pole like a river that has no end and no beginning.

I came up with this concept in my own, and I presented it in a carefully written post which features pictures I created for it, like this one which shows a power generator for the undersea cities I described. Cool

I created the image above by modifying this image below —

— to show a "tethered turbin" attached to a "tethered undersea city", trailing behind it in the flow of the Antarctic Circumpolar Current.

In other words, I presented an original concept using a modified image of an existing concept.

However, the sad fact that not a single member of All Sci-Fi has bother to comment on that concept in two years is very disappointing. Sad

Ladies and gentlemen, I created the original version of All Sci-Fi in 2006 — thirteen years ago — to attract intelligent and imaginative people who would enjoy discussing ideas like this.

Unfortunately my plan has met with limited success.

And yet I'm still confident that All Sci-Fi currently has members who fit that description — both among the small group of active folks . . . and also the large number of "lurkers" who let the rest of us entertain them without ever bothering to add anything themselves. Rolling Eyes

But it still irks me that this particular thread has gone so long without anybody bothering to read it. . . or think about it, and offer their own thoughts on the subject!

Good Lord, if this idea doesn't excite you, then frankly you and I don't seem to have much in common. Shocked

Guys, I'm not asking for new replies to this post in particular. I'm asking for more replies to All Sci-Fi in general!

I need members who — like me — love to both THINK and WRITE! I need the members of this board to put their brains to work and let their fingers do the walkin' on their keyboards. All Sci-Fi needs intelligent discussions about interesting ideas like the one this thread is all about.

I'm doing my best to keep things lively around here. But I could sure use some help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1970 to 2000 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: