ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cat-Women of the Moon (1954)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject: Cat-Women of the Moon (1954) Reply with quote

Mission Commander Sonny Tufts and his crew of space explorers brave the perils of a hostile Moon. They are threatened by a giant Moon spider and captured by telepathic lunar Amazons in black tights. A love triangle develops between Sonny, one of the Moon women, and a fellow crewperson (Marie Windsor). But eventually the Cat Women let the astronauts go home.

Okay, so it's not a great movie, but it was originally filmed in 3-D, and the music is by Elmer Bernstein (who scored both the The Ten Commandments and Robot Monster. What a career!).

Directed by Arthur Hilton. The 1958 film Missile to the Moon is a remake, complete with the giant spider. The only improvement it made on the original was to give the girls more appealing costumes. But the colorized version of that remake turned all the girls blue!

Gosh, I've have never found blue women very appealing. But that's just me, I guess.

YouTube has a fine video of Cat-Women of the Moon. Enjoy it!

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:10 pm; edited 8 times in total
scotpens
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Cat-Women of the Moon - (1954 Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
The 1958 film Missile to the Moon is a remake, complete with the giant spider. The only improvement it made on the original was to give the girls more appealing costumes. But the colorized version of that remake turned all the girls blue!

Gosh, I've have never found blue women very appealing. But that's just me, I guess.

But green women are hot!

Last edited by scotpens on Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that much chlorophyll I wonder how much sunlight, how often to water them and how much water to give them?
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The important thing is to be careful about the transfer of pollen between the pistol and the stamen. Otherwise you'll end up with a crop of little green sprouts that require special care, constant attention, and monthly child support payments.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy 50th Anniversary of the Apollo 11 landing! Very Happy

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The feature for Wednesday, March 10th, in All Sci-Fi's Chatzy Room (< — LINK) is this movie, and today it occurred to me that an interesting idea for a remake might (sort of) would be a combination of Space: 1999 and The Best Little Whore House in Texas!

After a large, thriving lunar colony has been established —

— which offers all the comforts of home, American ingenuity would find a way to provide that essential service which all civilization have offered throughout history.

Paid female companionship.

In other words, this remake would be called . . . Cat-House Woman of the Moon! Very Happy

Just like it's distinguished predecessor, the Cat-House Women possess telepathic abilities (probably developed because of the high cosmic ray radiation on the Moon), and they use these abilities to brainwash their male customers into becoming part of their plot.

Like the 1954 movie, the moon-gals want to take over the lunar colony and then the Earth, putting women in control of the human race.

It's the ultimate MeToo movement!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: