ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mortal Kombat (2021)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Mortal Kombat (2021) Reply with quote

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/mortal-kombat-new-movie-release-date-1203219338/

Warner Bros. has dated its new Mortal Kombat movie for March 5, 2021, with James Wan producing and Simon McQuoid directing.

Mortal Kombat will do battle on its opening date with Sony Pictures’ fantasy adventure Masters of the Universe, which Noah Centineo will lead as the Most Powerful Man in the Universe.

Pre-production on Mortal Kombat will start this month with cameras scheduled to start rolling in Adelaide, Australia, later this year. South Australia Premier Steven Marshall announced on May 13 that it will be the biggest film production in the state’s history.

Midway debuted the video game in 1992 with a story focusing on the monk Liu Kang working to save Earth from an evil sorcerer. The development of the first game was originally based on an idea that Ed Boon and John Tobias had of making a video game starring Jean-Claude Van Damme, but then evolved into a horror-fantasy fighting game.

Mike Cervello
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear. That’s something for me to look forward to, since I loved the original movie when it came out and played the game for years.

When I couldn’t find my VHS copy of the original MK movie, I ended up buying the box set of the two movies that also came with fan made original MK films. The fan films are surprisingly good. Available from a Best Buy’s website.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: