ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jurassic World (2015)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocky Jones wrote:
Shh. Don't let Bud hear you say that.

I was thinking there might be a chance he would be making potato salad and miss that posting.

WayneO
-----------
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry about it. It just echos the stupid opening of the original Jurassic Park.

When transporting dangerous animals from one site to their final cage they are ALWAYS drugged. Then the transport cage is LOCKED into place. Then a hydraulic ram pushes the unconscious animal into the introductory sub-cage to sleep off the drug. THEN they are introduced to the other animals. When the other animals are used to the new member, said new member is FINALLY allowed to enter the exhibit cage.

But then we wouldn't have seen the (sloppy) handler eaten by the nasty critter, right?

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

_______ How Jurassic World Should Have Ended

_____________ Jurassic World - Raptor Training?

________________________ Honest Trailers

__________________ [

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A 30-minute "Making of . . . " that's worth watching! Very Happy

___________ Jurassic World - Behind the Scenes

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Sep 30, 2019 2:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Spike
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject: Untamable Devil. Reply with quote

One thing that would be 100% guaranteed prior to the release of Jurassic World, is that whatever the quality, or lack of, the notices would be mixed. Thus the reactions would be akin to those that "Indiana Jones 4" received, charges of ruining childhoods and franchises etc.

Jurassic World does exactly what is expected of it, it's a popcorn blockbuster that plays out as mindless fun, complete with outstanding effects, monster mayhem and moments of dumbness. In fact it's very much a safe sequel, reverting to the original formula without the classy edges of Spielberg's deft touch.

There's a likable cast fronting up the pic, with Chris Pratt as the hero carrying some olde adventure chops about him, and Bryce Dallas Howard (her natural beauty sparkling on Blu-ray) a fun femme side-kick. The writers introduce a couple of new mighty monsters to the series, hell of beasties for sure, while the photography, stunt work and musical score all impress greatly.

The Velociraptor plot line is crummy and daft, almost as daft as Bryce's high heels character arc, and the familiarity factor does grate a little at times, but it's a rollicking good time not to be taken remotely seriously like it's some sort of series disgrace. 7/10

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking Outside the "Plot"!

Vincent D'Onofrio's character desperately wanted the unexpectedly intelligent velociraptors to become obedient super-soldiers just because Chris Pratt did such a fine job of making them behave when he gave then certain hand signals.

Vincent's character was a dimwit who missed the obvious way to achieve his goal . . . without getting eaten in the climax. Rolling Eyes

That said, ponder this obvious suggestion.

~ A Question for the Members: If the various dinosaurs in Jurassic World can be genetically engineered as extensively as this movie portrays — including the fusion of DNA from a large predator, as well as the genetic material from both velociraptors and whatever organism gave it its chameleon abilities — would it also be possible to create velociraptors which possessed both enhanced intelligence and a soldier-like devotion to duty, along with a fierce obedience to it's orders?

~ My Theory: Considering the fact that we've seen numerous movies in which humans have been brainwashed into feeling total loyalty to ruthless masters (such as Bucky in The Winter Soldier), it seems reasonable to assume that intelligent velociraptors could be both genetically engineered and physically trained to choose their "soldier programming" over their predatory instincts.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andrew Kidd
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The idiot plot totally ruined the movie for me. Pratt and Omar Sy played the only characters of any species who didn't have a brain the size of a walnut.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Andrew! We've missed you these last four year! Very Happy

As for Jurassic World, the post by me which started this thread lays it on the line concerning my bad reaction to this movie, so I definitely agree with your low opinion. From the mercenary guy who thought he could make "velosi-soldiers", right down to the idiot park guests, this movie is packed with highly un-evolved beings.

I cringed the first time I saw all those screaming people run straight down the street when the pterosaurs swooped down on them — instead of RUNNING INTO THE BUILDINGS the way they would have if it had simply started raining, for God's sake!

In fact, the video below even includes a scene of people running OUT of a restaurant to join the morons in the street! Shocked

However, I can now watch the movie and enjoy certain parts of it, because I'm not evaluating its overall merits the way I was the first time I saw it.

Seeing it now is sort of like when I was a kid, gobbling down the fine pork chops and baked potato my mother used to cook . . . and then hiding those disgusting lima beans under the empty potato skin!
Laughing

____ JURASSIC WORLD "Pterodactyl attack" Scene

(Hey, don't be a stranger, Andrew! You've got posts from all the back to 2017 to catch up on!) Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: