ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
Nothin' but pure science fiction!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Star Trek: The Animated Series (1973-1975)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Pow! Very Happy

I was hoping you'd be able to point out a plot element I overlooked which would explain that puzzling omission. Sad

Meanwhile, I'm still having fun watching TAS with my newly acquired appreciation for it, thanks to you! Cool

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Terratin Incident,"November 17,1973. Episode #11.

Synopsis } While surveying the remains of supernova Arachna, the Enterprise receives a mysterious signal from an uncharted planet.

The crew of the Enterprise shrink! This is a fun episode and another example of what TAS was able to do that TOS could never have even considered.

It's wild to see how the star ship slowly becomes more and more an obstacle for the miniaturized crew members. They are so used to having the vessel serve their needs that it is almost a trusted companion on their trek through outer space. Now it is becoming the enemy.

I am also a fan of this episode as I've always enjoyed the sci~fi trope of humans shrinking & dealing with the challenges that go with it.

"Dr.Cyclops'', ''Fantastic Voyage'', and ''Land Of The Giants", are all wonderful productions where humans must deal with a giant world, giant creatures, and giant people who are the enemy.

Fun Fact } Writer of this episode, Paul Schneider, wrote "The Balance Of Terror", and "The Squire Of Gothos'', both are some of the finest episodes written for TOS.

Two thumbs up for TTI.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another episode I'll enjoy much more when I watch it, thanks to your wonderful comments, Pow! Very Happy

Thank you very much. Cool

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure, Bud. Glad you enjoy reading 'em as much as I enjoy posting 'em.
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Time Trap,"November 24,1973. Episode # 12.

Synopsis } The Enterprise enters the Delta Triangle in order to discover why numerous starships have mysteriously disappeared in this sector.

The Enterprise and the Klingon starship Klothos both become victims of vanishing into a bizarre pocket dimension of the universe where time moves very slowly. Both vessels are trapped there in a huge graveyard of starships from many worlds. Some unknown to the Federation of Planets.

Rousing and entertaining episode that explores the Bermuda Triangle of outer space.

Kor is the commander of the Klingon starship. The same Kor that Captain Kirk & Mr. Spock first met on TOS episode "Errand Of Mercy." Unfortunately John Colicos (who portrayed Kor) did not return to do the voice over for Kor.

Storyboard artist Bob Kline had created a number of starship designs for the first episode of TAS, "Beyond The Farthest Star," which were rejected for the alien vessel in orbit around the dead star. These designs were later reused on this episode as the various ships that comprised the graveyard in space.

A definite 2 thumbs up for this episode featuring a multitude of vessels as well as aliens who have created a peaceful society in spite of being made up of various races.
johnnybear
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beyond The Farthest Star was the fourth episode to be completed while More Tribbles, More Troubles was the first!
JB
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Ambergris Element,"December 01,1973. Episode #13.

Synopsis } The Enterprise is studying the planet Argo which is completely covered by oceans. Argo underwent violent seismic disturbances in the past. The mission is to research the effects from those upheavals in order to help a Federation planet with millions of inhabitants whose planet will undergo the same fate as Argo.

An entertaining episode which delves into life beneath the seas in the future. Too often this seems to be a plot device ignored by TV sci~fi series. Rarely do any outer space shows show us the wonders undersea in the future. Be it on Earth or other worlds.

Star Trek had 5 live action series on and only one, an episode of Voyager, revolved around a water world.

The sci~fi films and TV series that explore oceans are limited and I would enjoy seeing more of 'em.

The Aquans live undersea on Argo. Yet, their discovery by the Enterprise crew is a surprise.

Why exactly?

Are the scanners on board the star ship unable to detect life below the surface of oceans?

The Environmental Life Support Belt that protects the crew from the dangers of outer space are utilized to explore deep under the ocean.

New } We see that the Enterprise has an aqua-shuttle that can act as a submarine and scouter rig that floats on the water. The aqua-shuttle is the first shuttle in Star Fleet equipped with weapons.

Telefocals are futuristic binoculars for the crew that can see objects 2-miles away. Come to think of it, did any of the Star Trek TV series ever show the crew as having futuristic binos?

Another fun episode from TAS.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: