ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emergence (2019)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike Cervello
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Emergence (2019) Reply with quote

I have followed this series since the pilot. It is labeled as a mystery and suspense series, last night it went straight into a science fiction series. Worth checking out. Mystery and suspense adds to the science fiction elements of the series.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with this new ABC series, so I looked it up and found this on Wikipedia. Only three episode have aired to far, and the fourth one will air on October 15th. Here's Wikipedia's description of the premise.

A police chief on Long Island's Peconic Bay takes in a young child whom she finds near the site of a mysterious accident, but soon discovers that the girl has no memory of what has happened or who she is.

The child's mystery becomes more intense than expected when the chief starts investigating the history that led up to the accident and the questions of how and why it happened.

A series of bizarre electronic disruptions, unexplained forces and a strange cryptic symbol are also at play, all of which are related to the young girl.

Here's what the critics are saying.

The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported a 91% approval rating with an average rating of 6.61/10, based on 23 reviews. The website's critical consensus reads, "Led by an outstanding Allison Tolman, Emergence avoids becoming just another mystery-box mess with strongly-written characters that will keep viewers caring no matter the resolution."[

Enjoy the trailer. Cool

________Emergence | Official NEW Trailer | ABC

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Mar 27, 2022 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mike Cervello
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last episode left no doubt this is a science fiction series and I am sure it will continue in that direction. Even next week’s preview put it in that direction.
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm enjoying Emergence so far,they keep you guessing.
Mike Cervello
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The series has a great blend of science fiction, mystery, suspense, and I like the cast. They work well together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: