ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Crossing (2018 on ABC)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: The Crossing (2018 on ABC) Reply with quote

Here's what I've learned from Wikipedia about ABC's upcoming science fiction series, The Crossing, which premiers on Monday, April 2nd.

Refugees from a war-torn country start showing up to seek asylum in an American town — only the country these people are from is America, and the war they are fleeing is 180 years in the future1

IMDB user Bryan Swift somehow managed to watch the advanced premiere in May of 2017, and he thinks it's the greatest thing since the invention of the Wookie dandruff shampoo, Head & Everything Else!

Here's what Bryan post about it.

I pray this gets aired!!!!!

Bryan Swift2 May 2017

I just watched the pilot, and I have to say this is some of Steve Zahns greatest work. I have spent the last hour trying to find episode 2 that is how amazing this show is. I'd pay any amount of money to get episode 2 right now. If you see a preview for this on TV in the next few months, I urge you to watch it and you will not be disappointed at all. Everything in this show works together and keeps you on the edge of your seat waiting for more. I will not say anything that happens in the show for I do not want to spoil anything. Just know it is original, gripping, well made, and very well produced.

The ABC website has the first episode available for streaming. It has a very strange opening scene.

________________ The Crossing - S1 E01 Pilot

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To quote Wikipedia, "Refugees fleeing a war seek asylum in an American town—but they claim to be from America, 180 years in the future. Moreover, at least one of the refugees exhibits apparently superhuman powers that may make them a threat."

I've finally watched the first episode, and it does seem intriguing. An escape from about 2200 AD, by "bending time," doesn't go according to plan, and of roughly 200 people, all unexpectedly arriving about ten fathoms under the ocean, less than a quarter survive, washed up on an American beach. Which causes a problem for the local authorities, and also the usual secretive government agency.

It turns out the refugees were fleeing a sort of holocaust, back to "The Long Peace," as an advanced kind of human, the "Apex," were taking over in 2200. But are any of the refugees actually Apex, with superhuman reflexes etc? And if this group of people could travel back through time, have others done so earlier, with their own agenda? I couldn't possibly comment..
. Wink
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the first two episodes with Tim Edwards (Bulldogtrekker), and neither of us were overly impressed, so I've been letting the episodes collect on my DVR so I can binge watch them and keep the complex story arcs straight in my aging noggin.

I'll probably wait until I've gotten ten episodes and then check to see if the series seems to be popular enough to make it to a full season. I did that with the Frequency TV series, but it got cancelled before I'd even watched all 13 I'd accumulated!

Rather than face the frustration of watching a "last episode" that should have been about the halfway point of a proper season one, I just deleted the DVR recordings. Sad

orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: The Crossing (2018 on ABC) Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
The ABC website has the first episode available for streaming.

This is one of those websites that leads you around in a circle.

Quote:
TV provider not listed?
You can still watch full episodes one week after they premiere without signing in.

When you try to watch the pilot without signing in (I have no TV provider), it takes you back to...
Quote:
TV provider not listed?
You can still watch full episodes one week after they premiere without signing in.

WayneO
-----------
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to sort of close out this thread, The Crossing was cancelled because of declining ratings. It only aired eleven episodes, and the ratings went from a bit over 8 million viewers for the pilot down to a little less then 4 million viewers by episode 11.

I didn't stick with it long enough to know if it was actually good or not. Oh well . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: