ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost in Space (2018 TV series on Netflix)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$100 a month for Netflix does sound as if you're in bandit territory - various set-ups are available in Britain, but I think here it starts at below the equivalent of ten bucks...
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been with DirecTV™ since 2003 and before that with their B. U. D. (Big Ugly Dish) since 1974. The service is now owned by AT&T and they are now more interested in multi-media services than anything else. But they have caved in to customer pressure to offer other services. My TV is capable of both 4K and 3-D! The only services I can't get are CBS On Demand (for Star Trek Discovery) and with Canadian local channels. Currently if you live within 100 miles of the border you are allowed to get those local channels, but DirecTV™ won't make a contract with them!

My B. U. D. still works and is steerable as well! So I do have alternatives.

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am surprised to find no mention of a dvd/Blu-ray release for the first season of Star Trek Discovery on its Wikipedia page, or on Amazon. Amazon UK's top search result is season one of The Orville, helpfully, while Amazon US indicates that CBS All Access is available as an extra channel to add to a Prime account.
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ir;s Been Renewed! Article at: https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/lost-space-reboot-renewed-season-2-at-netflix-1111523
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There can't really have been very much doubt about a renewal for Lost in Space — Netflix would have looked really silly if a much-hyped sf reboot like this had not been renewed. Good to have it confirmed, anyway. Smile
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Radio Times says that season two will debute on Tuesday December 24th. Merry Christmas, sci-fi fans!

Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There’s a new installment of a beloved, long-running space-set family-friendly science-fiction story dropping around the holidays. And no, I’m not talking about STAR WARS Episode XIX: Rise of Skywalker or The Mandalorian or anything involving “Star” in the title. I’m talking about Lost in Space 2, the second season of Netflix’s darker-but-delightful reboot of the classic cult hit. Like Stranger Things before it, the show has dropped the “season” from its promotional title, opting for a more cinematic “sequel number” based look. And judging by the brand new trailer, they’re cranking everything cinematic about the second season up past 11.

Season 1 ended with two reversals: The Robinson’s Robot performed a sacrificial act and got flung into space, and Parker Posey‘s villainous Dr. Smith actually helped the family. Season 2 seems to pick up right where we left off, with the Robinsons searching for Robot and Dr. Smith working along their very reluctant, skeptical sides. As the crew tries to reunite with their robo-friend and make their way back to the Resolute, they’ll find all kinds of other new dangers. Boy, being lost in space is hard!
lost-in-space-season-2-social

Right from the jump, Netflix’s money is on the screen. The trailer opens with a crackerjack set piece involving a damn space waterfall, and it’s an utter joy to see this capable cast deliver familial barbs back and forth as they batten their space hatches to deal with the inevitable. Every moment teased in the trailer boasts Star Wars-rivaling visual effects and exciting spectacle, while also reminding us why season 1 was so successful at its core. To quote Dominic Toretto: Family. If you’re looking for a space epic that ain’t on Disney+, Lost in Space 2 will scratch your itch and thensome.

Lost in Space 2 drops on Netflix December 24. Check out the new, action-packed trailer below, alongside its official synopsis. For more on the sci-fi series, here’s our review of season 1, our interview with the cast, and the first trailer released for the upcoming season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zdgt-JzJ6b0&feature=emb_logo

There’s more danger — and adventure — ahead for the Robinson family! With the Jupiter 2 stranded on a mysterious ocean planet without their beloved Robot, the Robinsons must work together, alongside the mischievous and manipulative Dr. Smith and the always charming Don West, to make it back to the Resolute and reunite with the other colonists. But they quickly find all is not as it seems. A series of incredible new threats and unexpected discoveries emerge as they look for the key to finding Robot and safe passage to Alpha Centauri. They will stop at nothing to keep their family safe … survival is a Robinson specialty after all.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krel wrote:
Pow wrote:
Interesting that both the Lost In Space reboot as well as Battlestar Galactica reboot are both vastly superior to the original versions.

WRONG! Just the opposite.

David, I understand that you have very positive feelings toward the original series and you don't consider the new version to be an improvement on a series that some of us consider to be badly flawed . . . but is this new version not worthy of praise on it's own merits?

I don't quite see why this series should be criticized for NOT being enough like the original. If it didn't copy the elements of the original, and chose instead to present original ideas, shouldn't that be something we should praise . . . not criticize?

It is, after all, a very ambitious, imaginative, skillfully done series. Shouldn't it be judged for what it IS . . . not for what it ISN'T?

I'm just askin'. Confused

Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Season Three Is The End

https://tvline.com/2020/03/09/lost-in-space-renewed-season-3-final-episodes-netflix/

The final frontier is nigh for The Robinson Family: Netflix has renewed Lost In Space for a third and final season, to bow in 2021.

In announcing the news on Monday, showrunner/EP Zack Estrin revealed that the series was always intended to end with Season 3.

“From the beginning, we’ve always viewed this particular story of The Robinsons as a trilogy,” maintains Estrin, who has inked a new overall deal with Netflix to develop new series for the streamer. “It’s also worth noting that, with what these characters go through just trying to survive each episode — if anyone deserves to catch their breath before their next mission — it’s Will, Penny, Judy, Maureen, John, Don West, Dr. Smith … and The Robot. And, of course, Debbie the Chicken. So while this chapter of Lost In Space is coming to a rousing conclusion, I’m excited about continuing to explore new stories with my friends at Netflix, and for all of the incredible possibilities that lie ahead.”

Ted Biaselli, Director of Original Series at Netflix, promises Lost In Space will go out with an “epic finale,” adding, “We can’t wait for our family audiences to see where season 3 will lead.”

Lost in Space, a reboot of the classic 1965 - 1969 CBS sci-fi series Lost in Space, stars Toby Stephens, Molly Parker, Maxwell Jenkins, Mina Sundwall, Taylor Russell, Ignacio Serricchio and Parker Posey. Season 2 dropped last December.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all grateful to our Tinseltown Reporter, Miss Eadie, for this crucial update on the popular reboot of Lost in Space.

I've been putting off watching the 2nd season just to heighten my anticipation, but I might just wait for the 3rd season and then watch them both, just so I'll be prepared for the heartbreak by knowing that the series concludes with season three.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not surprised. With the elaborate (and expensive) sets, the SPFX and a pretty large cast, it has to be a tremendously expensive show, much like "Altered Carbon", and A.C. seemed to have cut back on the sets (among other things) this season.

David.
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My girlfriend just finished watching the first season on Bluray of LIS and we loved it!

My girlfriend loathes the original LIS and when I told her we just have to check out the reboot she was not terribly enthused.

We had just finished viewing Star Trek: Discovery, which we both enjoyed. So LIS was going to be a hard act to follow.

Well, the LIS producers, writers, FX teams, cast and crew hit it out of the park as far as we're concerned.

I liked seeing a sf series where it depicted a near future modernistic technology that you could relate to.

The Jupiter 2 set designs are impressive while at the same time you can imagine such tech existing in the coming years.

It isn't a show with Transporters, replicators, ray guns and a universe teeming with alien civilizations, as we saw on ST:D.

I love the ST franchise (NOT the Abrams films) but I equally love that the brand new LIS went in a different direction with their show than simply emulate ST.

The cast is marvelous. My favs so far are Penny "Snarky" Robinson & the hilarious Don West.

Making the robot of alien origin was an intriguing departure from the 1965~1968 where the robot was a creation of humans.

The suit design for the 'bot is awesome and intimidating. Having the face mask a constant glow and swirl of light is original.

Parker Posey makes for a superb foe as the faux Dr. Smith.
She is not the over-the-top, camp, comedic villain as Jonathan Harris was in the original series. And I admired JH's talent on that show while still not being fond of that version.

No, Parker's antagonist is one who is highly intelligent, shrewdly manipulative, and keenly observant of people seeking to exploit their weaknesses for her benefit.

You underestimate her and it may well be the last mistake you'll ever make in this life.

The Canadian location filming offers gorgeous vistas and enhance every episode.

LIS, like the Battlestar Galactica reboot, proves that new iterations of old sf shows can excel above and beyond the shows that they were born form.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Mumy got a tour of the set for the Netflix Lost in Space Cool

_ Lost in Space Exclusive: Bill Mumy Visits The Jupiter 2

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lost In Space: Season #3

Filming began on September 9, 2020 and wrapped up January 14, 2021.

This will be the final season for the show as the producers always envisioned this series as a trilogy consisting of only three seasons.

The third season is scheduled to premiere in September or October of 2021.

The season will have ten episodes.

I'm terribly disappointed that the producers never wanted to go beyond three seasons for this terrific reboot.

The story potential is certainly there to produce more seasons, especially since their seasons are ten episodes. I would think that doing only ten episodes per season would be reasonable.

Sci-Fi TV series that run for twenty-two episodes in a season can end up exhausting the cast & crew and run thin with original plotting. And the money for the budget usually grows tighter & tighter when a season runs this long.

The scripting and production values have all been first class. The cast is wonderful.

For me, some science~fiction TV series can go on too long and I lose interest in shows I once loved. The X-Files for instance.

However, Lost In Space is compelling television and has many more stories to tell us.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've yet to see the third season, but I liked the first two, although the first season seemed the best one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: