ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Superman & Lois (CW ?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject: Superman & Lois (CW ?) Reply with quote

https://www.thewrap.com/walker-texas-ranger-reboot-superman-and-lois-cw/

It may be losing its namesake character, but The CW’s “Arrowverse” just keeps on growing.

On Tuesday, the network placed two script-to-series orders. One for Superman & Lois, which will star Tyler Hoechlin and Elizabeth Tulloch as the Man of Steel and Lois Lane, respectively, as well as its Walker, Texas Ranger reboot that will feature Supernatural star Jared Padalecki in the role Chuck Norris made famous.

Hoechlin and Tulloch have already appeared multiple times in The CW’s shared DC Comics-based universe, most recently on the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover, which wraps up Tuesday night. Here’s the logline for the latest DC Comics series: The world’s most famous superhero (Hoechlin) and comic books’ most famous journalist (Tulloch) deal with all the stress, pressures and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society.

Todd Helbing will write and executive produce Superman & Lois, which is based on the characters from DC Comics created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. The series hails from Berlanti Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television. Along with Superman & Lois, The CW is also developing a potential Arrow spinoff starring Katherine McNamara, Katie Cassidy and Juliana Harkavy.

More unrelated info at site.

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This guy is a damn good Superman, so I'm pleased by this news.

Thanks, Eadie. By gum, you scooped old Clark again! Wink

Mike Cervello
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. He did a great rendition of Christopher Reeve’s Clark Kent and Superman as well. He even redid clumsy Clark on the elevator to a tee in the season two opener of Supergirl. It was hysterical when Kara said to Clark as they were getting off the elevator, “That’s a great act of being clumsy.” He replied, “It wasn’t an act.”
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not that all excited about a new Superman TV show.

I'm a fan of the character & realize he's one of the giants in DC comics.

However, I'd much prefer that the CW produce a DC super hero that has not been done before.

Live action Superman has been covered in 2 movie serials with Kirk Alyn, the 1952 TV series with George Reeves, feature films with Chris Reeve, Brandon Routh, Henry Cavill.

Another TV series with Dean Cain.A Superboy TV show.

I'm super saturated with the character.

Plus, we've had 5 years of Supergirl (I'm a fan of the show).
Now SG is obviously not Superman but their background stories are similar of course.

Is there truly original, fresh new material here with this oft covered hero?

There are many DC super heroes to choose from. Take a gander at the DC Encyclopedia & you'll know what I mean.

Be fantastic to see the CW explore a never been done before character and delve into new areas.

Last edited by Pow on Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Stargirl?

Wikipedia™: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargirl_(TV_series)

Also see previously posted articles Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to Tomorrow!
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman & Lois: Kids Cast

https://tvline.com/2020/02/05/superman-lois-casts-kids-jonathan-jordan-kent-cw-spinoff/

Superman & Lois‘ family has truly grown: The CW’s forthcoming, straight-to-series Arrowverse spinoff has cast Jordan Elsass (Little Fires Everywhere) and relative newcomer Alexander Garfin (The Peanuts Movie) as the teenage sons of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, our sister site Deadline reports.

As viewers will recall, the couple had a baby boy, Jonathan, whom they sent away to safety during the Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover. But after the universe was reset, the pair suddenly found themselves with two sons.

Jordan Elsass & Alexander Garfin

Elsass’ Jonathan is described as a clean-cut, modest and kindhearted teen — so a chip off his dad’s block? — while Garfin’s Jordan is wildly intelligent with a mercurial temperament and social anxiety.
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the first season finale.

Spoilers Ahead.

Exciting. I have questions though.

Morgan Edge imbues six soldiers with the consciousness and super powers of Kryptonians. Superman & John Henry discuss how the odds are not at all good in their fight against Edge and his super soldiers.

Then, Supes & John (in his armor of course) pretty much take down these soldiers quickly.

Really?

Six individuals with the powers of Superman could not defeat Kal-El & John? Astonishing.

Great to see that John's daughter, Natalie, has survived and now on our Earth.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't watched the series in several months, but I have over a dozen unwatched episodes on my DVR, waiting for me to binge watch the rest of these short things the now call "season". Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the heads up about what to expect, Pow. I might catch up this weekend.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: