ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
Nothin' but pure science fiction!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future (1987 - 1988)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1970 to 2000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interestingly, Bud, Silvera was going to be presented in the first half of the series season as evil.

However, Silvera was going to undergo an emotional transformation and would come to sympathize with the humans . . . even long to become one of 'em.

She would eventually pledge to assist the Resistance.

It would have been her aide that would have been crucial to tipping the balance against Lord Dread.
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Falcor was another unrealized concept.

Falcor was a bio-dread Falcon created by Lord Dread & completely loyal to Dread.

Falcor could fly and act as a scout/spy for LD.

It could see and hear things which LD could also see through Falcor's eyes using the Interlock Chair.Falcor could also play back overheard conversations.

Falcor had a small arsenal of missiles within its deadly wings.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I looked for any online indications that the reboot, Captain Power: Phoenix Rising, might still be in development, but I found nothing later than some 2016 announcements and articles.

Apparently it ain't going to happen. Sad

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shame,Bud.

The show still has enormous potential with its story possibilities.

With today's state of the art cgi,as well as other special/visual FX advancements,it would be fantastic to view.
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original promo is at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnLvlBoIjeA Here are some relevant screen shots:

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved the interactive feature of the videos! My sons and I spent many hours with the vehicles and the tapes doing battle with the dominions of Lord Dread! We went through tons of batteries trying to keep up with the games!

We had all the ships and VHS tapes and we played for hours on our living room floor trying to liberate the galaxy!

Todays "video games" (Or however they're called!) don't seem to have the ability to bring together generations....They seem to exclude groups to isolate the individual player.

"Fire and wind come from the sky, from the gods of the sky. But Crom is your god, Crom and he lives in the earth. Once, giants lived in the Earth, Conan. And in the darkness of chaos they took from him the enigma of steel. Crom was angered."
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord Green wrote:
I loved the interactive feature of the videos! My sons and I spent many hours with the vehicles and the tapes doing battle with the dominions of Lord Dread!

We had all the ships and VHS tapes and we played for hours on our living room floor trying to liberate the galaxy!

My God, you are indeed my "brother from another mother"!

Our whole family (of four) had our own Captain Power ships too, and we spent hours watching tapes of the shows and using the toys to battle Lord Dread!

[

Notice the custom detailin which was created from the sheets of red stickers which came with the toys. We all decorated our ships with the fragments that were left over after the real stickers had been peeled away. Wink

Two others ships which I still own fly high above the Robby you gave me, with significantly different custom details.

And we often turned out the lights in our house and raced back and forth between the bedrooms and the kitchen, firing as we flew passed each other in opposite directions, with our ships switched to "room" mode so we could score hits and deactivate our opponents! Very Happy

Yes, indeed, modern video games do not give families a chance to interact in this wonderful manner. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1970 to 2000 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: