ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

All Sci-Fi used to have a weekly chat — with no movie!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:39 pm    Post subject: All Sci-Fi used to have a weekly chat — with no movie! Reply with quote

The "old board" (2007 to 2014) had a weekly chat that just brought the members of All Sci-Fi together for a few hours each week so we could joke around and share what we'd all be up to! Very Happy

No "movie chat" was involved.

It was a huge success and an enjoyable event that went one for months. It included anywhere from six to twelve participants each week, including many loyal members who have now drifted away from All Sci-Fi or have sadly passed away over the years. But there comments were priceless!

For example, the late Randy Everett regaled the folks in the chat room one evening by periodically inserting short remarks which listed his totally fictitious recipe for "grilled gargon" after we started discussing that silly film, Teenagers from Outer Space, the movie which suggested that the Earth would be turned into a farm for the giant lobsters the invaders ate! Shocked

Afterwards I created this image based on the site called FarmersOnly.com. Very Happy

I don't know about the other folks, but I was laughing my ass off each time Randy suddenly added a new step in his made-up process for preparing this imaginary dish! The "deadpan" delivery of his meticulous cooking instructions which kept appearing in the chat room (with total disregard for the other comments being offered), was hysterical! Laughing

Would anybody else here at All Sci-Fi be interested in a purely "social media" event which brought us together on a weekly basis? Confused

Bear in mind that we could actually schedule two such events each week to accommodate the East coast folks and West coast folks.

Come on, guys! Let's CHAT! Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with grilled gargon is getting enough drawn butter for the darn things!
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we're all stuck indoors because of the dreaded Corona Beer Virus (and since nobody bothered to reply to it), I thought I'd offer this idea again.

Folks, I realize that over the years we've lost several of the more outgoing members who used to be regular attendees of the Friday Live Chat (the ones that didn't include movies), but I keep hoping we can get another regular chat like that started up again.

I'd be happy to host chats on two different evenings if we determine that one group of folks could do it on (say for example) Friday evenings while another group preferred Tuesday evenings.

That's exactly what the folks at the Classic Horror Film Board have been doing for years, with a large turnout every time!

What do you say, guys? Any interest at all? Confused

Bud

Powerslave214
Senior Crewman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be interested in a chat session, depending on what day(s)/time(s) were available.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, FD! Very Happy

I'm available seven days a week and any time up to about 10:00 PM EST.

Gord Green is available a few days week, depending on this family obligations.

Hopefully the three of us will be able to make this work several days a week. Very Happy

Powerslave214
Senior Crewman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via what method?
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We meet up in All Sci-Fi's Chatzy room. Just click on the link, put your name in place of mine, and then click on "enter room". Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Contact All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: