ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Retroactive (1997)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 12:50 pm    Post subject: Retroactive (1997) Reply with quote

Hey, I stumbled across a reference to this movie in the Deja Vu thread and had to look it up. Here's what Wikipedia says.

Karen has to take a ride in Frank's car. He's traveling with his wife, on his way to sell computer chips, which he obtained illegally.

He suspects his wife is being unfaithful and tragic things happen, following a discussion. Karen escapes, reaching a lab where a scientist has discovered how to go back in time, and she returns by accident some minutes before the violent events.

Then she tries to make things better, but things tend to become worse, as time cycles keep being repeated.

____________________ Retroactive (Trailer)

Krel

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great time travel movie.

Karen is a Chicago hostage negotiator. After a negotiation goes wrong, she leaves her job to travel, and figure things out. In Texas heR car breaks down, and she accepts a ride from Frank who is traveling with his abused wife Rayanne. During the trip, it becomes apparent that all is not bliss with the couple. At a desert roadside store, Frank finds out that his wife has been cheating on him...WITH A MEXICAN!

Frank is not the most liberal person you could meet.

Frank's outrage leads to deaths, and Karen flees for her life. She comes upon a bunker with a lone scientist, who gives her sanctuary. The scientist is working on a shutdown government time travel project. The machine works, but can only send someone back in time 20 minutes. I think it's 20 minutes, but it could be 15 or 30 minutes.

Karen is anxious to make things right after what has happened to her in Chicago. She convinces the scientist to send her back in time where she can use her negotiator skills to fix the situation.

It does not go well. And with each succeeding trip, no matter what Karen does, things spiral increasingly, wildly out of control.

A very inventive film. Very much worth a watch. I haven't watched this in a while. I'll have to pull out my DVD and watch it.

David.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, lo and behold! Here's the full movie, and the picture is good. Cool

____ RETROACTIVE // Full Movie // Action, Sci-Fi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: