ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R.I.P., Father of A Funny Man …

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 12:57 pm    Post subject: R.I.P., Father of A Funny Man … Reply with quote

… and a very funny man in his own rights!

Jerry Stiller Dies: Comedian & ‘Seinfeld’ Actor Was 92; Son Ben Gives Tribute

https://deadline.com/2020/05/jerry-stiller-dies-comedian-seinfeld-actor-92-ben-tribute-1202931049/

Jerry Stiller, the American comedian and actor who was one-half of the great 1960s husband-wife comedy team Stiller & Meara, a fan-favorite cornerstone of the sitcom Seinfeld and the father of Hollywood star Ben Stiller, has died at the age of 92.

Ben Stiller confirmed the news today, tweeting that his father died of natural causes.

I’m sad to say that my father, Jerry Stiller, passed away from natural causes. He was a great dad and grandfather, and the most dedicated husband to Anne for about 62 years. He will be greatly missed. Love you Dad.

Jerry Stiller had a long and successful career as a comedian, including in the comedy duo Stiller & Meara with his wife Anne Meara. They were a staple of TV variety and talk shows and commercials for decades, beginning primarily in the 1960s and particularly on The Ed Sullivan Show. The “mixed marriage” aspect of their partnership — she Irish-American Catholic (though she converted to Judaism early on), he Eastern European Jewish — was as groundbreaking as their comedy was sharp yet loving.

Stiller later performed with his son, as well, appearing in Ben’s Zoolander.

Last edited by Eadie on Sun May 24, 2020 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2020 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry was a standout in KING OF QUEENS too. He outshown the main characters like a searchlight in a dark night.

Funny, funny man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: