ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 5-14-20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 8:04 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 5-14-20 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

The Big Movie Shocker was so popular that Bestoink Dooley (George Ellis) became a local celebrity and made appearances at special events, such as the Atlanta premiere of The Legend of Blood Mountain — in which he starred, playing his TV personality as a character in the story!

IMDB only has one trivia item for that movie, shown below.

George Ellis, the star of this movie, is fondly remembered as the host of Big Movie Shocker, a Friday night late show in Atlanta during the 1960s, performing under the name Bestoink Dooley (the same as the character in this film). George styled himself to look somewhat like a hobo, and his character spoke in a wonderfully droll manner, pretending he was bored and he didn't know why his audience bothered watching the "old movies" he had to present.

Actually, I submitted this item myself back in 2014. Cool

Unlike most of the old drive-ins, the Starlight Drive-in is still alive and well. In fact, it has expanded over the years since it opened in 1948 (the year I was born), and now it has SIX different theaters! Shocked

_____

Now, sit back and pretend it’s 11:30 on a Friday night in 1965 —

— then push this button to see another movie which Bestoink aired.

The Invisible Man Returns (1940)

The Devil Bat (1941)

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (1941)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: