ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krel

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud, it gets better.

The Terminator that was sent after Sara Connor, she destroyed in the Cyberdyne Systems factory. T2 showed that event yielded the chip that led to Skynet.

So no John Connor = No Kyle Reese sent into the past = No hookup with Sara Connors = No John Connors = No Terminator sent to kill Sara Connors = No Terminator chip found in the Cyberdyne Systems factory = No Skynet computer system = No Judgement Day.

This movie wipes out the Terminator universe.

David.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cameron blew it so badly with this misguide concept! Shocked

I can sit here in my living room and think up better ideas for sequels than this, just for the fun of it. Here's an example.

Alien vs Terminator

After mankind finally defeats Skynet and uses the science they learn from the machines to advance human technology, they venture out into space and explore new worlds! Very Happy

They are accompanied by cybernetic organisms — Terminator-like robots who are programmed to work shoulder-to-shoulder with the humans, rather than destroy them. After all, T2 and all the other sequels had Terminator robots programmed to protect humans rather then kill them.

In this future world, mankind's exploratory starships encounter the Aliens, and these horrible creatures succeed in infesting numerous vessels. This plague of alien creatures spreads to the human colonies and progresses towards Earth.

Human soldiers are unable to defeat them! Shocked

However, the Terminator robots are immune to the threat of the aliens. Therefore, thousands of these robots are programmed by mankind . . . to terminate the Aliens!

And thus the battle begins! The Aliens battle the Terminator robots, with squads of brave humans working with them to advise and assist the robots in this epic fight.

So . . . what do you think, guys! I'm I good or what? Cool

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri May 15, 2020 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Bud....All well and good until the PREDATORs get involved.

Whose side are they on????

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2020 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord Green wrote:
Whose side are they on????

Neither side! The Predators are having a ball hunting the people, the robots, and the the Aliens!

They become the wild card at about the halfway point of the story. Just as it looks like the humans and robot are about to lose a major battle, the Predators show up and start killing the Aliens/ So the humans think they've come to help. Very Happy

But no — the Predators don't want either side to win, because they want to keep all these interesting prey around for them to hunt!
Shocked
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got this movie from Netflix — again — and made it all the way through it this time.

I still don't like it, but now I have a better understanding of the film's flaws, and I know what good qualities it has as well.

The flaws include the fact that the movie is packed with so many dazzling, fast-paced action scenes that the audience goes cross-eyed trying to keep up! Cameron doesn't seem to understand that more is not always better.

Watching this film is like trying to eat a gourmet dinner . . . in half the time it would take to eat it slowly and enjoy it! Shocked

The other major flaw is that a large portion of this movie is so dark we can't see what the hell is going on! Sad

After the brilliant cinematography of Titanic and the gorgeous special effects of Avatar, watching the horribly low-lit scenes in this film was like seeing a movie at night from the back row of a drive-in theater during the scenes shot at night! Shocked

You can hear the dialog from that speaker hanging on the door of the car . . . but you can't see a damn thing because it's so dark! Sad

However, I must admit that this addition to the Terminator series has a few good concepts — such as the idea that a Terminator could become even more human than the one in T2: Judgement Day if his primary mission (kill John Conner) had been accomplished, and then he had 22 years to reevaluate it's existence and learn to be more human.

That was a pretty good idea. Sad

Because of this, the whole "Sara Connors hates the Terminator who killed her son" idea progresses well during the movie and reaches a satisfactory climax when the robot sacrifices itself for the humans.

Another big flaw (perhaps the biggest) is the idea that after Skynet has been destroyed, this movie just invents another mankind-hating AI called Legion and launches our characters into a disparate effort to destroy the robot sent back to kill somebody who might end the existence of the AI system.

Sorry folks, but . . . well, we've been there and we've done that. Rolling Eyes

This seems to be a movie which copies the best stuff from T2, in spite of the fact that even little old me came up with newer concepts (Aliens vs Terminators), right here on All Sci-Fi.

After all, they gave us a Hispanic "Robert Patrick" as a liquid metal terminator, a blond lady who serves the same purpose as the T-800 which Arnold played as the young girl's protector, an aging Linda Hamilton as Sarah Conner doing all the same stuff she's done before, and an older Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator who becomes "a real boy" like Pinocchio, just like he did in T2.

The film was not as emotionally involving as T2, plus the characters weren't as likable, the story wasn't as involving, the action was actually too fast, and the cinematography was too dark

I still think that Terminator: Rise of the Machine and Termination: Genesis are both better films.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: