ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AT LAST! The answer to the ultimate question!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 11:13 am    Post subject: AT LAST! The answer to the ultimate question! Reply with quote

Is Goofy a dog?

It’s a question that’s been posed by multiple generations of kids, both real and fictional: Is Goofy a dog?

On the one hand... uh, obviously: Walt Disney’s hilariously accident-prone goofball was introduced in 1932 under the name, “Dippy Dawg,” appearing alongside species-specific characters like Mickey Mouse and Clarabelle Cow. Over the decades, though, he’s evolved into a character who doesn’t display many canine traits.

It’s a Dog’s Life."To settle the debate once and for all, Yahoo Entertainment took the query straight to the source: actor Bill Farmer, the Disney Legend who has been the voice of Goofy since 1987 and also stars in the new Disney+ reality series, It’s a Dog’s Life. “Not a dog,” Farmer tells us, with absolute authority.

“Pluto is a dog, but Goofy seems to be in the canine family in the same way that a wolf is not a dog, but they also are in the canine family. I think Canis Goofus is the technical Latin term for what Goofy is. He’s just Goofy.”

Farmer made his debut as Goofy in the TV special, Doggone Valentine, but the show that truly shaped his tenure was Goof Troop. That 1992 syndicated series re-introduced the character as the well-meaning, but decidedly awkward single father of a son named Max.

“We don’t know who [Max’s] mother was,” Farmer jokes. “I have my own theories: I think Goofy was married to Jessica Rabbit before Roger.”

"She's not bad....She's just drawn that way!"

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/goofy-voice-dog-bill-farmer-interview-disney-091519531.html

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord, you old Not-a-Dawg, you! Very Happy

I just want to thank you for reminding me of a Disney movie I haven't thought of in decades, one that my kids and I loved in the 1990s!

A Goofy Movie!

This wonderful film is a neglect gem in the Disney treasure chest — an action-packed, imaginative, hysterical, highly-emotional father & son story that thrilled my teenage daughter and my knuckle-head son every time we watched it!

eBay has copies that are listed as "Brand New" for $7.99, with free shipping and free returns, from a seller with 99.4% Positive feedback.

Did I just order this movie?

A-huck! Shucks, I shore did, folks!

Here's the trailer, which doesn't do it justice because it makes the movie seem hyperactive and incomprehensible, which it is NOT. So buy the DVD, even if you're not impressed.

_______________A Goofy Movie Trailer (1995)

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A GOOFY MOVIE is wonderful!

The question was also brought up in another of my favorite movies ...STAND BY ME. I found aspects of this film almost biographical!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: