ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Superman Franchise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Superman Franchise Reply with quote

Henry Cavill In Talks to Return as Superman in Upcoming DC Movie

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/henry-cavill-superman-movie-dc-comics-batman-justice-league-cameo-1234618227/

Henry Cavill isn’t hanging up his Superman cape just yet. Sources confirm to Variety the Man of Steel actor is in talks to return as Clark Kent in an upcoming DC Comics movie.

Warner Bros. and Cavill’s reps couldn’t be reached for comment Wednesday.

In addition to Zack Snyder’s Superman origin story Man of Steel in 2013, Cavill played the iconic hero in 2016’s Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and 2017’s Justice League.

Snyder recently announced the long-rumored “Snyder Cut” of Justice League for HBO Max, though insiders tell Variety Cavill wouldn’t be suiting up for the director’s cut, but rather a cameo in one of DC’s upcoming films, which include Aquaman 2, The Suicide Squad and The Batman.

In a Mens’ Health’s December cover story, Cavill revealed he had not given up the role.

“The cape is still in the closet,” he said. “It’s still mine. I’m not going to sit quietly in the dark as all the stuff is going on. I’ve not given up the role. There’s a lot I have to give for Superman yet. A lot of storytelling to do. A lot of real, true depths to the honesty of the character I want to get into. I want to reflect the comic books. That’s important to me. There’s a lot of justice to be done for Superman. The status is: You’ll see.”

The British actor’s most recent big-screen appearance came in 2018’s Mission: Impossible — Fallout alongside Tom Cruise. Cavill currently stars in Netflix’s The Witcher and plays the role of Geralt of Rivia. He’s repped by WME, manager Dany Garcia of the Garcia Companies and Gang, Tyre, Ramer and Brown. The news of Cavill coming on to a DC Comics movie was first reported by Deadline.

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henry made an excellent Kal~El, so this is great news.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2020 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really the concept of having SUPERMAN more as an auxillary character in these DCU movies is genius!

He's the Godfather of Superheroes and just his inclusion in any of the movies adds the touch of veracity to them as part of the true DC Universe.

Untill they come up with a GREAT script I don't need to see a stand alone film.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: