ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gemini Man (2019)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Spike
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject: Gemini Man (2019) Reply with quote

You made a person out of another person, then you sent me to kill him. You made a choice to do this to me.

Gemini Man is directed by Ang Lee and co-written by David Benioff and Darren Lemke. It stars Will Smith, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Clive Owen and Benedict Wong. Music is by Lorne Balfe and cinematography by Dione Beebe.

Henry Brogan (Will Smith) is an aging but elite assassin who's ready to call it quits. However, his plans are put on hold when he suddenly becomes the target of a mysterious operative who can seemingly predict his every move. The assassin who stalks him has a very familiar feel to him...

Lets not beat around the bush, Smith and Winstead deserve a better screenplay than this. The writing is weak and lazy, Lee is clearly the wrong director for such a high concept action film, while the action scenes are shoddy in effects. In fact the storyline, as trite as it is, is unfairly in a constant battle against the CGI on show.

However, film never sits still and refuses to let boredom take a hold. The lead actors are engaging enough to hold attention throughout, and even as the sugary coatings fill out the final throes, we at least can acknowledge there were earnest intentions to make an existential clone thriller here. But with Jerry Bruckheimer on production you can see there's a popcorn action film trying to break free of the literary treacle.

Hardly the worst clone sci-fier that some have called it, but it's not memorable either. Think of it more as a time filler for the curious about the subject to hand. 6/10

Last edited by The Spike on Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire away, sir! I've got your back! Cool

I haven't seen this movie, but Will Smith has been in some wonderful movies, and that poster is very good.

The Spike
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
Fire away, sir! I've got your back! Cool

I haven't seen this movie, but Will Smith has been in some wonderful movies, and that poster is very good.

Thanks Bud, have edited to add a review Very Happy
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spike, I'm so glad that you warned me that this movie is NOT as good as I hoped it would be! Shocked

That said, when I watch it, I'll be able to enjoy what it IS . . . and not what I was expecting. Sad

The Spike
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
Spike, I'm so glad that you warned me that this movie is NOT as good as I hoped it would be! Shocked

That said, when I watch it, I'll be able to enjoy what it IS . . . and not what I was expecting. Sad

It's not as fun as the Arnie one, The 6th Day, or the Van Damme bonkers pic that is Replicant, and definitely not as smart as The Island.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: