ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

6 Episodes That Prove Castle Is Science Fiction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: 6 Episodes That Prove Castle Is Science Fiction Reply with quote

6 Episodes That Prove Castle Is Science Fiction
I09

.....3) "The Final Frontier"
This fifth season episode is beloved of scifi fans for a number of reasons: the fact that it takes place at science fiction convention, that Stana Katic pretends to be lover of a fictional scifi show called Nebula 9 and even dons some sexy cosplay, and a bunch of Firefly references, as well as nods to other shows. But past that, this is an episode where someone murders someone with a phaser — a laser that literally creates a hole straight through the victims' chest. This is because a dude is making functional replicas of scifi show props in his garage, including phasers......

Given that the energy needed to fire a laser that deadly would requite a power source the size of a truck, it seems that there most have been some kind of massive technological advance in the Castle-verse to allow some nerd to make function death rays at home. So to reiterate, things that actually exist in the world of Castle: 1) time travel, 2) cloaking technology, 3) laser blasters. We're one faster-than-light space travel engine away from Nathan Fillion being able to solve murders on Alpha Centauri.

WANT TO SEE MORE; link:
http://io9.com/6-episodes-that-prove-nathan-fillions-show-castle-is-s-1661681243

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sold. And last week, Castle went into a parallel universe where everything was different and nobody knew him from the precinct!

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB has several interesting trivia items for the episode called The Final Frontier, which take place at a sci-fi convention. Very Happy

~ When Castle first hears that the crime scene is the Nebula-9 ship, he starts bashing the show and says "I'm a fan of good sci-fi. Star Trek, Battlestar, that Joss Whedon show!" 'That Joss Whedon show' was Firefly where Nathan Fillion played Captain Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds.

Note from me: This was definitely one of the most enjoyable episodes, for many different reasons. Very Happy

~ Castle states that Nebula 9 was not a real science fiction show because it only aired 12 episodes. Firefly (2002), starring Nathan Fillion, only aired 12 hour-long episodes (including the 2-part pilot).

Note from me: It's amazing just how popular Firefly is, despite the sad sparseness of episodes.

~ The fictional show in this episode was canceled 10 years ago but through fan support a movie is to be made; this mirrors the Firefly history, where the series was canceled after a short run and through fan support the movie Serenity was made.

Note from me: The studio had a ball taking digs at the "suits" who shoot down Firefly by reminding them what a big mistake it was. Laughing

~ The closing musical theme is sung by William Shatner, who played Captain Kirk in the original Star Trek series.

Note from me: Shatner doesn't really sing, he just recites the lyrics, and it's very sort.
Sad

_________ Castle 5x06 Beckett Nebula 9 Cosplay

However, this scene from the episode is amusing. Laughing

Castle 5x06 Moment: Beckett or K-Bex as Nebula 9 Fan in Costume Comic Con "It's Fracken Awesome"

~ The conversation between Castle and his fan, played by Jonathan Frakes (who directed this episode), was not in the original script. It was added on the actual day of filming, and according to Frakes, he and Nathan Fillion wrote their own lines.

Note from me: Listen closely to Fillion's mumbled line after Jonathan Frakes gets his copy of the Castle novel signed and says, "I'm your number one fan." Castle watches him walk away and whispers sadly, "How far they fall . . ."

___ Castle 5x06 Moment: Could you sign my chest?

Oh,what the heck. I might as well throw in the brief scene where Castle spots his lovely daughter Alexis stroll by, wearing a very brief costume! Listen for Nathan thinly disquire "Captain Kirk" delivery of this lines.

Castle 5x06 Castle Sees Alexis in Costume (HD/CC)

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castle episode S7 E17, Hong Kong Hustle includes two Asian ladies who were in Star Trek series.

Linda Park played Lt. Hoshi Sato in Enterprise. In this Castle episode she's a tough Ninja-like Chinese police detective who makes Beckett feel insecure because of her awesome skills!

Rosalind Chao played the wife of Miles O'Brien, who served aboard the Enterprise on TNG, and then on DS9. She make a brief appearance in this Castle episode as a hostess in a Chinese restaurant.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castle episode S7 E17,
Hong Kong Hustle includes two Asian ladies who were in Star Trek series.

Linda Park played Lt. Hoshi Sato in Enterprise. In this Castle episode she's a tough Ninja-like Chinese police detective who makes Beckett feel insecure because of her awesome skills!

Rosalind Chao played the wife of Miles O'Brien, who served aboard the Enterprise on TNG, and then on DS9. She make a brief appearance in this episode as a hostess in a Chinese restaurant.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: