ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
Nothin' but pure science fiction!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jimbo Berkey's Free Classic Movies is gone . . .

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:17 pm    Post subject: Jimbo Berkey's Free Classic Movies is gone . . . Reply with quote

Jimbo Berkey's Free Classic Movies website has been reduced to a letter from Jimbo which begins with this.

After nearly a decade of sharing public domain movies with the world, I am taking a break. I want to thank all of the wonderful people who helped support this site. I am not sure what lies ahead of me with web sites, but for now, it will not be sharing movies.

You are welcome to send me a note, and I will read it, but I will probably not answer it. I anticipate that I will get much more mail than I will be able to respond to.

If you write to say thanks, my answer would be, "It was my pleasure entirely."

If you write to tell me that you really, really, really, really, want me to come back and share almost three thousand movies again, I understand, and am sorry that I most likely will not fulfill your desire.

The many posts I made about Jimbo's movies (which included a copy of the review he wrote on his site) contained links to his versions of the films, which could easily be downloaded.

Unfortunately those links no long work. Sad

But I'm glad many of Jimbo's well-written reviews are now preserved here on All Sci-Fi.

I sent Jimbo a message through the contact link on his site to remind him that he has been a member of All Sci-Fi since December 23rd, 2014 — the date Randy Everett and I created this "new" board to take over when-and-if the "old" board crashed after seven years of service.

It did, of course, and we started over again from scratch. (By the way . . . good job, guys. Very Happy)

Jimbo has only made one post on ASF, a thread-starter for The Man Who Changed His Mind (1936). Perhaps he'll visit All Sci-Fi again, now that he is not so busy with his Free Movies site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Contact All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: