ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miss Joey Heattherton - 1960 sex symbol!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:28 pm    Post subject: Miss Joey Heattherton - 1960 sex symbol! Reply with quote

Back in the 1960s — when I was horny teenager who was crazy about the hottest sex kittens of the decade — the one that drove me absolutely nuts was Joey Heatherton! Shocked

She was gorgeous, she sang beautifully, and when she danced the males in the audience drooled profusely!

She went with Bob Hope several times when he entertained the troops in Americas war zones, and she drove the guys crazy!

If you can watch the videos below and not suffer that same reaction, we can all be sure that you and I don't share the same sexual orientation which I do . . . Confused

___ Joey Heatherton • Dean Martin Show • Nice 'n Easy

_______ Joey Heatherton - "I've Got Your Number"

_________ Joey Heatherton sings I Love A Parade

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey was gorgeous and talented. I was always surprised that her career wasn't bigger than it was, Bud.
scotpens
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As attractive and talented as she is, Joey Heatherton never did it for me. There's just something "cheap" about her, for lack of a better term. I guess it all comes down to taste.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She was the type of girl you couldn't take home to mother....because your father would try to take over!
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord Green wrote:
She was the type of girl you couldn't take home to mother....because your father would try to take over!

I'd gladly take her him home to meet Mom and Day . . . if I sure they would be gone for the weekend. Wink
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember her! Beautiful and talented. One of those girls that would stop traffic for sure.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotpens wrote:
As attractive and talented as she is, Joey Heatherton never did it for me. There's just something "cheap" about her, for lack of a better term. I guess it all comes down to taste.

Scotpens is absolutely right. It's all a matter or tastes. Very Happy

If I understand his statement correctly, his emotional reaction to Miss Heatherton is that her appearance — a product of her hair style, makeup, and on-stage behavior — is that of woman who deliberately portrays herself as . . . well . . . available.

In other words, "Come and get it, fellows!" Wink

Women who deliberately style their appearance to send out that message are appealing to some men, but not to others. Obviously I'm one of the guys who responses to gals who look "available" (aka, cheap).

As Scotpens stated, it's a matter of taste.

If a fellow is looking for a suitable girlfriend or a faithful wife, he wants a lady with the same high standards which he has.

But if a guy wants a sexy gal who's eager to do the "jungle monkey mambo", then Miss Heatherton would be the right candidate for the job! Shocked

To clarify my point, here's a true story from my teenage years.

Because of poor grades in one of my high school classes, I was required to attend summer school in the 1960s. It was held at Russel High School, in East Point — the town whose city limits bordered my home town of College Park, GA.

The bus ride to Russel High School (which was right across the street from my beloved East Point Theater) took about fifteen minutes.

Russel High School was built in 1945, an ancient building with Spanish architecture, clay roofing tiles. It reminded me of the Alamo. Seriously.

In the summertime, the classrooms were very hot, with open windows and no air conditioning. Our teacher was a lean, likeable, elderly man with a feisty nature. We all loved him, and his frequent jokes made our summer school ordeal less painful.

On the last day of summer school, he ended the year with a joke which shocked and delighted the entire class. (I swear to God, folks, here's exactly what he said.)

"I called my girlfriend last night to ask her for a date, but I dialed the wrong number and got a whore house instead. A sexy female voice answered the phone. I thought it was my girlfriend."

"Hey, darlin'! Are you free tonight?"

"No . . . " she answered, " . . . but I'm reasonable."

This amazing event occurred 30 years ago. It's one of my most cherished memories. Laughing

And so, folks, what I learned in summer school that year was that you if you want a girl you can take home to Mom, you want one with a good reputation.

But if you desperately need some hot premarital sex, you want a girl with a bad reputation. In other words . . . a girl who is cheap. Wink

So, Joey Heatherton is sexy because she isn't a girl you'd take home to Mom! Shocked

She's deliciously cheap — and proud of it! Cool

She is the girl who'd do things with you that would shock your Mom — the same way my summer school teacher gleefully shocked his entire class of horny teenagers in 1965! Shocked

~ The Space Children (1958)

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:35 am; edited 2 times in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She certainly had a rough, confused life however.

From Wiki.....

In April 1969, Heatherton married Lance Rentzel, a Dallas Cowboys wide receiver, in New York City. In November 1970, Rentzel was arrested for exposing himself to a 10-year-old girl.
He pleaded guilty to the charge and promised to undergo psychiatric treatment. Rentzel was given a suspended sentence.
Heatherton filed for divorce in September 1971 and her career lost its luster; some say she never recovered from the psychological shock of Rentzel’s offense.

In July 1985, she was arrested and charged with theft of services for refusing to pay a $4,906 bill from a hotel and spa in Long Island where she stayed in 1984. She pleaded not guilty to the charge.

On July 8, 1985, she was arrested and charged with interfering with a government agent's duties and disturbing the peace after she allegedly slapped and pulled the hair of a clerk at Manhattan's U.S. Passport Agency office. She was acquitted of both charges in September 1986.

On August 30, 1986, Heatherton was arrested for assault in Hillcrest, Rockland County, New York, after she stabbed Jerry Fisher, her former boyfriend and ex-manager, in the hand with a steak knife during an argument.

Fisher was later treated at a local hospital and released. After her arrest, Heatherton told police who she was, but they did not believe her. She then handed one of the officers her purse to verify her identity. While looking through Heatherton's purse, the officer found a foil packet with less than a gram of cocaine. Heatherton was charged with assault and misdemeanor drug possession.

In October 1987, a court ruled that the search was unconstitutional as Heatherton was not advised that she could refuse a purse search. As a result, the misdemeanor drug possession was dropped.

Jerry Fisher later dropped the charge of assault against Heatherton.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey causes a definite rise in the men's "morale" (to put it politely) with this dance routine! Very Happy

_______ Joey Heatherton 101 A Dancing Workout

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the fact that I'm a big Joey Heatherton fan, I must admit that Miss Heatherton is edged out just a bit by Yanet Garcia.

(Wait . . . who? Shocked)

She's the Mexican TV weather "person" shown in the video below. I mean, oh . . . my . . . God! Cool

__ Ozzy Man Reviews: Yanet Garcia & Mexican Weather

Krel

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are complaining about how she dressed in the 1960s, but she was born in 1944, so she was in her early 20's, and dressed like it.

David.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait . . . what? Confused

People are complaining about how Joey was dressed?

Who? Gay Russian guys who hate capitalist Yankee dogs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: